Lead, Industrial Security
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
The Lead, Industrial Security, Facility Security Officer (FSO) Develops and administers security programs and procedures for classified, sensitive, or proprietary materials, documents, and equipment. Researches and implements federal security regulations, maintaining knowledge and awareness of interdisciplinary compliance requirements (finance, cyber, information technology, and trade compliance). Conducts security education training and security audits. Investigates security violations and prepares reports specifying preventive action to be taken.
- Administers and coordinates the DoD Industrial Security program and other related security activities for the company to ensure compliance with the NISPOM and company policies and procedures.
- Handle incoming and outgoing visit requests via JPAS.
- Participates in the development and implementation of security procedures and briefings in coordination with governmental agencies and company management.
- Conduct new hire and annual security briefings for cleared and un-cleared personnel.
- Log all foreign travel and provide foreign travel briefings and debriefings.
- Investigates security violations and recommends corrective actions.
- Conduct semi-annual security self-inspections and maintain a working relationship with DSS and conduct all preparations for the DSS investigation and annual visit.
- Maintains liaison with outside agencies, such as DCSA and FBI.
- Assist employees in acquiring personal security clearance, and reinvestigations via the e-QIP systems. Maintain security clearance files.
- Maintain personnel security clearance files.
- Act as the COMSEC Custodian, able to use DIAS software to track inventory of COMSEC.
- Responsible for the company Business Continuity Plan, Crisis Management Plan, OPSEC and Proprietary Protection Plans.
- Instructs annual security briefings and training.
- Manages the company access system, card readers and badge procedures for employees and visitors.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience as a FSO.
- Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience.
- DCSA FSO certification preferred, (if not currently DCSA FSO certified, must complete the DCSA FSO certification training program, within one (1) year of employment).
- Minimum Secret clearance required; with the ability to obtain TS/SCI with polygraph.
- Processing/issuing sub DD254’s
- Maintaining PSMNet in JPAS including: Clearance verification, initial and PR clearance initiations, submitting/receiving visit requests via JPAS, visitor control, etc.
- Studies and implements federal security regulations that apply to company operations (NISPOM, DoDM 5205 series, and Intelligence Community Directives).
- Established facilities (e.g., complete FFC, Fixed Facility Checklist.
- Review and approve facility drawings for new or remodeled classified areas) to ensure compliance with company and government regulations/requirements.
- Maintains classified accountability program, oversees secure storage and work spaces for customers and company, conducts annual inventory of accountable classified material.
- Experienced with SIMS data entry
- Experienced with JPAS data entr
- Requires 5+ years of experience in Industrial Security, to include
- Ability to handle, control and maintain classified material and information.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and multiple tasks, with limited oversite.
- Member of NCMS and other security organizations, is preferred
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.