Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Director, Sales/Account Mgmt
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title – Director, Sales/Account Management (Western Europe)
Job Location – TBD
Job Code – CS20222504-81177
The Director Sales/Account Management, Western Europe & NATO HQ will provide primary leadership and management for all aspects of Communication Systems sales and business development function. The role is based in Western Europe and will report to the Vice President of Communication Systems, International Sales & Business Development.
This role will lead Sales & Business Development team through all phases of sales process including customer & in-country partner relationships, opportunity qualification, requirements shaping, competitive assessments, development of win strategies, as well as participate in proposal efforts, and collaborate with Business Development & Program Management teams to maximize opportunity wins for the company.
- Grow L3Harris position in tactical radios, VSAT terminals, night vision equipment, ISR solutions, and complex integrated systems
- Develop and implement a successful business, sales & marketing strategy to drive profitable growth in region through strategic business leadership.
- Position to win modernization programs in multi-domain capabilities & integrated ground terrestrial networks
- Provide vision, day-to-day direction, motivation, and development of the team
- Develop, communicate, and track monthly orders forecast to ensure optimum application of resources to maximize revenue
- Manage customer and acquisition stakeholders in region, including meeting their needs for proposals and program execution
- Build strategy for 3, 5, and 10 year growth plans for CS defense businesses in territory
- Provide leadership to a geographically and functionally diverse team across the region leading them to achieving regional Annual Operating Plans (AOPs)
- Drive the development of existing customers together with securing new business opportunities, through exceptional service, and innovative systems, products, and support offerings
- Manage relationships with consultants, distributors, & representatives and OEM’s to maximize opportunities for growth
- Champion public image and profile of the business in the region
- Understand the U.S. Foreign Military Sales Process and accessing/leveraging U.S. Foreign Military Funding (FMF) channels
- Recruit & retain key personnel to resource the requirements of the business plan.
- Work collaboratively with functional leaders to ensure issues are resolved wherever possible without the need for further escalation.
- Act as a full and proactive member of the International Leadership Team.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 15 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree with a minimum of 13 years of prior related experience.
- Profit-driven mentality; taking ownership of financial metrics, developing a capture plan, and successful execution; sales leadership in achieving year over year steady increases in orders and revenue over the course of several years.
- Experience in strategy & marketing, sales & business development with military customers preferred
- Business acumen and experience to understand and utilize various levers that drive orders growth, revenue achievement, and gross margin attainment across the broader organization
- Experience writing successful proposals to military customers preferred
- Experience in building and maintaining relationships in our industry
- Willing to travel 30% of time to international customers and partners sites
- Bilingual in English and French
- High level of business/financial acumen; global business acumen in communications and/or relevant technology markets with broad knowledge of changing global markets
- Ability to generate innovative insights from analysis, communicates results effectively, and work with business partners in developing and implementing new methodologies and analysis to drive actionable results
- Strong executive presence as well as the ability to effectively influence and make recommendations at all levels of the organization
- Ability to influence senior leadership regarding matters of strategic importance to the function or organization
- Work requires a high degree of responsibility for resources, and frequently influences business decisions made by leadership
- Experience managing large complex deals with protracted procurement processes consisting of multiple decision makers, multiple competitors, and requiring multiple levels of approval
- Experience managing in-country and OEM partner’s experience, from both a sales and service delivery perspective
- Experience leading a sales team responsible for capturing complex pursuits and growing existing business