Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Gardena, CaliforniaJob ID IMS20220710-91664
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Winder "Machinist C"
Job Location: Gardena, CA
Under close supervision of the Transformer Winding Lead and/or Production Supervisor, the Winder is responsible for job assignments consisting of winding transformer coils in accordance with work order instructions, Engineering Drawings and Manufacturing Process Specifications. The individual who performs this task shall have a good understanding of how the core and coil assembly process works as well.
NOTE: Due to the varying production requirements at the time of hire, this position may be required to perform mechanical/assembly work in addition to transformer winding. This is to be determined by the Manager/Supervisor based on the tasks and production needs.
- Operate a transformer winding machine.
- Wind simple to complex coil assemblies in accordance with work order instructions, Engineering drawings and/or Manufacturing Process Specifications.
- Carry out a transformer winding process from start to finish:
- Identify the correct wire AWG needed for the coil
- Determine necessary mandrel size to meet winding window in accordance with drawing requirements
- Set turns counter on a winding machine
- Wind a transformer within the margins in accordance with drawing requirements
- Start and finish transformer leads in locations in accordance with drawing requirements
- Read component descriptions on Engineering BOM and physically identify the characteristic of the components.
- Communicate issues, concerns and/or questions to his or her Supervisor/Manager and/or support groups (Manufacturing Engineering, Planning, Quality and Inspection).
- Responsible for the accuracy of time charging on job performed.
- Responsible for keeping his or her work area clean and well organized.
- Performs other duties assigned by management.
- Able to pass soldering test and be certified in ANSI-J-STD-001 as required.
- Read and understand both written and verbal instructions in English.
- Requires fully proficient job knowledge/skills. High School Diploma or GED and a minimum of 6 years of prior relevant experience in transformer winding, or 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree with a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience.
- Experience and knowledge of winding machines and power tools including their design, use and maintenance.
- Experience and understanding of transformer winding requirements. Able to read Engineering drawings.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Able to torch braze.
In compliance with pay transparency requirements, the salary range for this role is $47,000MIN - $87,000MAX. This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location. L3Harris also offers a variety of benefits, including health and disability insurance, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and company-paid holidays. The specific programs and options available to an employee may vary depending on date of hire, schedule type, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.