Sr. Specialist, Systems Engineering (Detectors)
Fort Wayne, IndianaJob ID SAS20212604-60363
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr. Specialist, Systems Engineering (Detectors)
Job Code: SAS20212604-60363
Job Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Seeking high potential talent to serve as a Sr. Specialist in detector design, test, and analysis. Role will have an immediate impact for fielding responsive space systems with overall technical leadership for the design, integration, test, delivery, and on-orbit support for remote sensing in LEO and GEO orbits.
Candidate should be self-starter, demonstrate strong communication skills, and have extensive experience in space-based infrared sensor development, as well as a thorough understanding or remote sensing missions.
Technical leadership and discipline specialty to guide business or functional teams to drive overall mission success.
- Manages complex projects or processes with general oversight.
- Communicates within and outside of own function to gain cooperation on operational processes, practices, and procedures.
- Makes moderate to substantial improvements to systems and processes.
- Performs functional analysis, system definition, timeline analysis, detailed trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 6 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior relevant experience.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Eligibility to obtain a security clearance required.
- Experience in optical sensor design, integration, test, and on-orbit checkout
- Experience with space-based infrared sensor performance, optics and/or modeling & simulation using remote sensing techniques.
- Ideal candidate will have significant experience in visible and/or infrared detector technology.
- Ability to communicate within and outside of own function or business area.
- Ability to explain, interpret, and gain cooperation on policies, procedures and practices.
- Working knowledge of semiconductor device physics.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.