Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Fort Wayne, Indiana; Melbourne, FloridaJob ID SAS20231101-95599
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Specialist, Subcontracts
Job Code: SAS20231101-95599
Job Location: Fort Wayne, IN / Melbourne, FL
- Work virtually with Program Team. Virtual collaboration and team building with Supply Chain group as well as Program Team
- Develop and manage RFQ/RFP process, negotiate agreements and manage/administer the contract for medium complexity and value for government and commercial programs
- Evaluate bids and selects suppliers based on price, delivery, quality, and service to obtain best overall value for L3Harris
- Utilize MRP systems, PeopleSoft financial system, Supplier Rating System, and expo portal applications
- Interpret FAR/DFAR/ITAR laws, rules and regulations regarding import/export control certifications and licenses
- Track all Purchase Orders through reports, works matched exceptions, open commitments, receiving discrepancies, returns, supplier discrepancies, and problem reports/supplier corrective action responses. Interfaces with receiving and accounting to resolve issues
- Meet established goals, objectives, and performance metrics and solves problems of increased scope and complexity where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors
- Confer with suppliers to determine factors that affect competitive total cost of ownership consistent with quality, reliability, and ability to meet required schedules. Evaluate root cause and corrective action with suppliers on late delivery performance
- Build stable working relationships with manufacturing, quality engineers, material management and program office regarding procurement demands by early involvement with programs and suppliers to determine risk mitigation actions for critical path parts
- Participate on projects/teams as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience or Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience
- Experience in procurement, supply chain, and/or material management processes
- Ability to travel up to 25%
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Knowledge of FAR/DFAR/ITAR laws, rules, and regulations
- International Subcontracting experience
- Import/Export compliance experience
- MRP system experience
- Experience in procurement of complex subassemblies and build-to-specification items
- Ability to follow through with work assignments and show dedication to producing work of the highest quality
- Detail oriented and organized
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Negotiation and follow up skills
- PC skills in MS office, with Word and Excel formats
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.