Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Specialist, Integration and Test Engineer
Fort Wayne, IndianaJob ID SAS20232202-97531
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Specialist, Integration and Test Engineer
Job Code: SAS20232202-97531
Job Location: Fort Wayne, IN
L3Harris Corporation is seeking an Operations Integration and Test Engineer/System Test Architect who will lead system test activities on proposals, program products and prototype hardware for high-reliability space hardware assemblies of moderate to high complexity. Candidate is required to have expert knowledge of engineering concepts, principles, theories, and techniques needed to develop test programs to thoroughly test radiometric imaging and non-imaging spaceflight products, equipment and systems.
- Experience in generating concepts for and guiding development of system testing of space-based optical instruments.
- Generating system test documentation (e.g., Test Requirements Documents, Test Design Documents and Test Procedures) and directing support personnel in the day-to-day execution of the system test readiness tasks.
- Must have strong program leadership skills and space system development execution expertise.
- Responsible for managing medium, complex project initiatives of strategic importance to the organization, involving large cross-functional teams.
- Oversees and coordinates high visibility system test efforts, including formal cost / schedule / technical responsibilities and system readiness reviews which include direct customer interface.
- Planning and requesting manpower / equipment / process resources.
- Experience working with Systems Engineering and other engineering functions to provide compliant, best value solutions for customers.
- Interfacing with design engineers and suppliers to ensure hardware is producible.
- Planning and supporting the build and modification of system test equipment in the areas of procurement, assembly method/test procedures generation, tooling design, process development, facilities / equipment planning and the resolution of manufacturing, quality, and reliability issues.
- Supporting process improvement initiatives of technical and operational nature.
- Supporting the root cause and corrective action process.
- Up to 25% of travel will be required.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience.
- A minimum of 4 years of hands-on experience in system integration and test (preferably in Space Systems).
- Knowledge of MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-1540, NASA GEVS, and/or SMC-S-016.
- Experience in implementing lean/six sigma techniques (FMEA, DFMA, DTC, DOE and RCCA analysis).
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Background in the manufacturing of electronics for high reliability military and government systems.
- Background in development and low to medium rate initial production efforts.
- Background in developing manufacturing processes and transferring those to production.
- Background in test and evaluation for space-based systems.
- Additional knowledge of MIL/IPC workmanship and performance standards related to electronic assemblies (IPC-610, IPC-620, etc.).
- Knowledge of circuit card assemblies (CCAs) and cable assemblies.
- Good communication skills including the ability to deliver effective presentations to peers, management, and customers.
- Demonstrated ability to find root cause of manufacturing process problems, workmanship defects, mechanical test failures, etc.
- Knowledge of tooling design.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.