Senior Associate, Integration and Test Engineer
Fort Wayne, IndianaJob ID SAS20212503-58665
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Senior Associate, Integration/Test Engineering
Job Code: SAS20212503-58665
Job Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Intermediate level test engineer position to provide support to the L3Harris Operations Test Group and Engineering, which performs assembly, integration and testing of highly reliable space hardware assemblies of moderate to high complexity. Candidate is required to have a competent knowledge of engineering concepts, principles, theories and techniques needed to deliver thoroughly tested spaceflight products, equipment and systems.
- Works independently under general guidance and direction on larger, moderately complex projects or assignments
- Develop Test Procedures to validate flight hardware requirements
- Deliver thoroughly tested hardware with supporting documentation to the customer (internal and external) complying with specifications and production requirements
- Prepare the test environment and lead the Test Readiness Reviews
- Coordinate with design engineers, quality control, manufacturing engineers and other disciplines to resolve test issues, meet schedule and improve throughput
- Adhere to strict spaceflight test standards and execute the Test Procedures, document results, generate test reports, and create/manage electronic test data
- Review and validate product test data and present to customer
- Coordinate or direct some junior staff and perform limited leadership responsibilities
- Ability to lead cross functional teams of two or more individuals
- Ability to train test technicians and other engineers in safe and proper testing protocols
- Lead critical movements of high-value space flight hardware in support of test activities
- Contribute to process development, problem resolution and continuous improvement
- Travel to L3Harris and/or Customer sites as needed for post-delivery support and integration activities
- Overtime will be required frequently to support customer product testing
- Work non-standard shifts as required during specific test activities
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 6 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree or equivalent with 0 to 2 years of prior related experience.
- Ability to work in a clean room environment for long periods of time (> 2 hours)
- Ability to work holidays, weekends and occasional overnight travel; work may include shift work
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- 2+ years experience working with testing of electro-mechanical assemblies.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience working with a variety of electrical and/or mechanical assemblies and equipment withing the Space or Aerospace industry.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Experience with ESD safeguards and contamination control
- Experience with bench-top testing of electrical/mechanical assemblies
- Experience with property control processes
- Experience working with computer systems and their use with test equipment operation.
- Experience using common test equipment; DVM, O’scope, DSA, Power Supplies etc.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.