Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Scientist, Space Vehicle Power Architect (Palm Bay FL or Fort Wayne IN)
Fort Wayne, Indiana; Palm Bay, FloridaJob ID SAS20220911-93229
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Scientist - Space Vehicle Power Architect
Job Code: SAS20220911-93229
Job Location:Palm Bay-FL, or Ft. Wayne-IN
L3Harris Corporation is looking to hire professionals with experience in spacecraft power design and spacecraft electrical power subsystem (EPS) architecture development. This individual will establish enduring partnerships through guidance and development of spacecraft platforms reaching across a broad portfolio of spacecraft payload applications. (Relocation assistance is available for this role)
Innovative thinkers are needed to capitalize on marketplace product development, shape our supplier partnerships, advocate for internal development opportunities, and standardize the design and manufacturing cycle of the EPS. Thorough knowledge of spacecraft power subsystems and associated auxiliaries: including solar arrays, batteries, power conversion topologies, charging systems, power control/switching techniques, regulation, distribution, monitor & protection, fault handling and power quality. The candidate would focus upon business strategies leveraging existing solutions and/or developing scalable solutions driven by IR&D and program investments.
Additionally, the candidate will work with internal and external functional/cross-functional teams developing technology roadmaps, assisting in design, and resolving issues in current development efforts, as well as engage, influence and drive future architecture product offerings and proposals.
- Program support roles include: mission/requirements definition, concept generation, trade studies, spacecraft power architecture development & integration, preliminary and final power system design, component selection & implementation, testing support and design documentation.
- Collaborate with manufacturing operation for fabrication in a program team environment.
- Prepare and present design strategies and approaches at internal and Customer Design Reviews.
- Advise and brief Program & Functional Leadership on spacecraft power architecture technology roadmaps, latest technological developments in the field, emerging technologies and business strategies.
- Support Root Cause Corrective Actions (RCCA) and Failure Review Boards (FRB).
- Lead a small team of design engineers, or work independently.
- Perform worst case electrical performance and stress analysis for a radiation environment
- Perform satellite EPS energy balance
- Adept at mentoring less experienced power engineers
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution with at least 12 years of experience, OR a Graduate Degree with at least 10 years or experience.
- Experience with interpreting high level requirements and performance specifications to develop spacecraft power architecture.
- Comprehensive experience in power conversion topologies, power devices application and implementation, control loop theory, thermal management, custom magnetics design, PWB layout and EMI filtering.
- Thorough knowledge of spacecraft power subsystems including: solar arrays, batteries, power conversion topologies, charging systems, power control/switching methodologies, regulation, distribution, monitor & protection, fault handling and power quality.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills; effectively interacting with cross-functional teams and across all levels of Leadership.
- Experience with mission/requirements definition, concept generation, trade studies, test support materials selection, and design documentation.
- Experience collaborating with manufacturing operation for fabrication in a program team environment.
- Experience with Root Cause Corrective Actions (RCCA) and Failure Review Boards (FRB).
- Matlab/Simulink, Mathcad proficiency.
- Mentor Graphics knowledge is a plus.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.