Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Scientist, Chief Subsystem Electrical Engineer
Fort Wayne, IndianaJob ID SAS20231303-98300
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Scientist, Electrical Engineering – Electrical Subsystem Engineering
Job Code: SAS20231303-98300
Job Location:Ft. Wayne, IN
This position, Scientist, Electrical Engineering, will be the Chief Electrical Engineer and Subject Matter Expert for the Spectral Division programs in Ft. Wayne, IN. The ideal candidate will be an experienced in weather instruments and Missile Warning/Missile Defense. The cadidate will be a technical leader that has cradle to grave design experience with a strong Electrical Engineering background.
- Develop Electronics Architectures and Electrical Engineering Subsystems
- Support and mentor development Electrical subsystems staff into more capable Electrical systems and subsystems engineers
- Support cross site working group to ensure knowledge sharing and pairing of less experienced engineers with more experienced electrical systems and subsystems engineers
- Effective communication with programs, senior leadership, and customers
- Develop strong working relationships with program teams and technical leads across sites
- Support program risk assessments on proposals and programs
- Support pursuits and proposals including review/approval of technical proposals
- Lead technical issue resolution teams when required
- Lead and participate on Technical Independent Review Teams (IRT)
- Support root cause corrective action for design escapes and program execution issues
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or closely related field and 12+ years of relevant professional experience, OR, Graduate degree in Electrical Engineering or closely related field and 10+ years of relevant professional experience
- Capable of obtaining a TS/SCI Security Clearance
- 10+ years relevant Systems Engineering & Leadership Work Experience within aerospace, military, or space applications design
- Electrical Systems Engineering experience, including, but not limited to, requirements development and allocation, Interface Control Document (ICD) development, Requirements verification and sell-off.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Active Security Clearance
- Experience working with Space-borne, Aerospace, or Military Electronic Systems
- Cable design and development experience
- Advanced degree in Electrical Engineering
- Demonstrated ability to deliver and sustain measurable results
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstratable collaboration
- Ability to articulate key message summaries to Sr. leadership and program leadership
- Able to self-start and solve problems quickly
- Ability to learn new skills, meet deadlines, embrace new technologies, and follow process
- High energy and proactive ability to manage in a dynamic environment
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.