Fort Wayne, IndianaJob ID SAS20211101-54888
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Manager, Subcontracts
Job Code: SAS20211101-54888
Job Location: Fort Wayne, IN
- Subject matter expert with knowledge of job area and in-depth knowledge of project management, with the ability to lead all aspects of the Subcontract acquisition process from proposal stage through Program award and execution. This acquisition process includes requirements definition, generation of Statements of Work, generation of Requests for Proposals, proposal evaluations, source selections, negotiations and definitization, file documentation, ensuring compliance to all internal and Government FAR/DFAR/DPAS/CPSR Procurement Regulations, change management, invoice approvals, dispute resolution and subcontract close-out.
- Analysis of markets and strategic sourcing to align with business goals.
- Responsible for managing Subcontractor cost, schedule and technical performance, and ensuring L3Harris and Customer objectives are achieved, including on-time delivery, exceptional quality, and affordability with the ability to monitor & assess project issues and develop mechanisms & resolutions to meet goals.
- Strong understanding of baseline centric execution and Change Management with the ability to review status of projects, budgets, forecasts, EVMS; prepare status reports.
- Develop and maintain relationships with suppliers.
- Strong ability to manage cross-functional relationships to integrate the supply chain team into program development and execution.
- Lead, motivate, and develop a diverse team of 5-10 Subcontract Professionals at varying levels of experience.
- Develop, drive and execute supply chain transformation and improvement projects. Must have functional and operational experience in the Supply Chain Management and Operations domains who can understand, analyze and define business requirements. This individual must be able to use hands-on, cross-functional approaches to identify pain points and drive improvements. Must have the passion, business and technical acumen and experience to drive best-in-class supply chain processes and efficiencies.
- Responsible for staffing, recruiting, training, talent development, engagement & retention of employees.
- Negotiation expertise to include drafting and negotiating contract vehicles including Subcontracts, Letter Subcontracts, Teaming Agreements, Non-Disclosure Agreements and Sole Source Agreements.
- Establish major contractual milestones, such as preliminary and critical reviews and other schedule goals.
- Apply ingenuity and innovation to develop solutions to complex subcontract problems and identify areas for supplier performance improvement and cost reduction.
- Responsible for initiating corrective action measures when necessary.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with cross-functional partners.
- Serve as initial point of contact for program-related Subcontracts issues.
- Provide timely and accurate subcontract status appropriate to various levels of L3Harris Management.
- Identify process improvements and facilitate implementation within department.
- Motivated self-starter well versed in the Subcontract Process Flow and managing supplier performance in the areas of technical scope, schedule, and cost.
- Apply expertise in managing complex subcontracts, including hardware, software, complex services subcontracts, and follow-on/production subcontracts.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with a wide array of professional levels and functions.
- Lead, direct, and review the work of direct report(s) to maintain workflow and productivity and ensure weekly objectives are achieved.
- Ability to work as an effective leader, while maintaining a “team” mentality in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Provide input on hiring, firing, promotion, performance, and compensation decisions for team.
- Manage department and program budgets and explain variances in monthly performance.
- Ability to navigate FAR/DFARS regulations and internal procedures for compliance.
- Support Small Business initiatives.
- Ability to generate spending plans, payment forecasts, and variance reports.
- Follow strategic direction set by Program and functional leadership.
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 9 years of related experience, OR Graduate degree with a minimum of 7 years of related experience.
- Previous Subcontracts management experience.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- TS/SCI and/or DoD Secret clearance preferred, but not required.
- Experience in the following contract types: FFP, FPIF, T&M, Labor Hour, Cost-Plus. (w/fixed-fee, incentive fee, or award fee)
- Experience managing budgets and sales forecasting.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite of Products. (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Lean Six Sigma experience.
- Previous Leadership experience.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.