Lead, Program Management
Fort Wayne, IndianaJob ID SAS20211103-57930
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Lead, Program Management
Job Code: SAS202111103-57930
Job Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Seeking high potential talent to make an immediate impact for fielding responsive space systems. Role will be managing the design, integration, test, delivery, and on-orbit support for advanced missile defense capabilities.
Candidate should be self-starter that is a recognized expert with business knowledge and leadership capabilities. Communicates with contacts inside and outside of the organization on matters of strategic importance to influence executive leadership on new concepts, practices, and approaches. Establishes overall direction for new processes, systems, and solutions. Recommends and implements strategies and develops operational plans/goals with direct impact to the achievement against functional strategies.
Owns and develops tactical and operational plans and goals for a business area or function. Recommends and operationalizes strategies that have a direct impact on mid- to long-term function or business area achievements. Requires a high degree of responsibility for resources, and ability to influence business decisions made by leadership. Recommends and implements new products, processes, policies, standards or operating plans in support of job function strategy.
- Accountability for overall program performance commitments to include:
- Customer Satisfaction: Continually delighting our customers with our values, responsiveness, and overall mission performance
- Financial: Orders, sales, operating income, investment, cash flow, and program budget
- Schedule: Timely, responsive, and successful completion of all program deliverables
- Quality: Program deliverables meet or exceed L3Harris and customer expectations
- Ability to work between and bridge program and supplier performance with L3Harris business financial performance
- Ensure clear understanding and communication of program status, changes, and performance to the Customer and L3Harris ES leadership
- Responsible for managing the cost, schedule, and technical performance requirements of a program through all lifecycle phases
- Responsible for program change management, controlling program performance measurement baseline of cost, schedule, and performance
- Responsible for high-level relationship management
- Directs the preparation of program proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budget, and financial terms/conditions of contract
- Ensures that all resources such as engineering, manpower, production, and facilities are available to support the program
- Works with customers to align mission needs with new business opportunities
- Solves highly complex problems with significant business impact
- Interacts internally with management and customers on significant business matters
- Development and management of financial forecasts
- Financial forecast inputs will be assessed and judged to provide high-level management and Annual Operating Plan and 3-Year forecast recommendations
- Identifies program risks and creates opportunities to manage the operational or market risks
- Identifies opportunities to expand sales to existing customers or sell programs to new customers
- Coordinates and monitors major subcontractor activities, deliverables, and finances
- Develops, reviews, and approves plans, schedules, subcontract agreements, and other program documents
- Prepares and provides required reports, briefings, and technical reviews to senior management as requested
- Bachelors in STEM or business discipline with 10 years of experience in either STEM related field and/or Program Management.
- 2+ years experience in Earned Value Management
- Secret Clearance
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Project Manager Professional (PMP) certification
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal skills for both internal and external customers.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.