Lead, Information Security Systems Engineer-Top Secret
Fort Wayne, IndianaJob ID SAS20211103-57925
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Lead, Information Systems Security Engineer-Top Secret
Job Code: SAS20211103-57925
Job Location: Fort Wayne, IN
L3Harris Technologies is seeking a dynamic Information Systems Security Engineer to perform critical system design and implementation in unique and challenging programs. The selected candidate will be part of an exclusive national security program and work on the design, development, deployment, and O&M for critical wireless, infrastructure and/or communication programs. Bring your talents to the front line at the cutting edge of Defense and Technology at L3Harris Technologies.
- Provide Information Security System Engineering support to spacecraft design and mission operations CONOPs development
- Provide Information Security System Engineering support to Systems Engineering activities for requirements definition, trade study execution, and design review participation in support of cyber protection functions for satellite systems
- Provide Information Systems Security Engineering support and technical execution of information security activities associated with the Assessment and Authorization (A&A) of NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF) hardened space vehicles and associated ground systems
- Support Security Engineering activities, including design, testing, configuration, management and maintenance of spacecraft and ground support system technical baselines
- Ensure RMF Information Security requirements and Program Protection requirements are addressed in all phases of the System Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Experience in writing and managing RMF body of evidence documents (e.g., System Security Plan (SSP), Security Compliance Traceability Matrix (SCTM), Risk Assessment Report (RAR), Continuous Monitoring (ConMon) Plan, and Security Assessment Plans and Procedures (SAPP))
- Experience with ICD-503 Accreditation Process
- Strong understanding of engineering processes, concepts and information security systems engineering principles (NIST SP 800-160 Vol1) and familiarity with NIST 800-171
- Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detailed trade studies, requirements derivation and allocation, and interface definition studies to translate customer Information Security requirements into hardware and software specifications
- Responsible for developing security overlays, data flow diagrams, internal requirements, CONOPs and interface control documents from customer / product requirement
- Provide Information Assurance technical leadership to development teams at internal and external gate reviews such as technical baseline reviews and design reviews.
- Work closely with Program Managers, Systems Engineering and other engineering discipline
- Brief senior management on all aspects of Security Engineering
- Identify security risks, threats and vulnerabilities of networks, systems, applications and new technology initiatives (hardware, software, cryptographic devices, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus systems and software deployment tools)
- Conduct complex security architecture analysis to evaluate and mitigate risks
- Self-motivated and able to work well independently and within inter-disciplinary engineering teams
- Able to explain technical security needs to non-security team members in manner that facilitates cross-functional design activities
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience, or
- Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience.
- DoD 8570.01-M IASAE Level 2 certification.
- Active Top Secret clearance
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Direct experience with the design, development, and operations of satellite systems
- Familiarity with cryptographic systems used to protect space/ground communications
- Experience in configuration and use of cyber defense and vulnerability assessment tools such as ACAS and SC
- Moderate understanding of vulnerability analysis tools such as Tenable NESSUS Security products
- DoD 8570.01-M IASAE Level 3 certification
- Experience writing Basis of Estimate documents
- Experience supporting Business Development activities
- Experience in the content development and administration of SIEM/audit reduction tools (e.g., Splunk)
- Foundational knowledge of Layer 3 architecture and diagramming within Visio (or equivalent)
- Basic understanding of routing and switching as employed in telecommunications and network traffic
- General knowledge of common threats to information systems and how compromise would damage system integrity
- System testing and evaluation methods and RMF assessment methodology & process
- Experience with Model Based System Engineering (UML, SysML, DoDAF)
- Experience with application of STIGs
- Experience with DOORS requirement management software
- Active TS/SCI with a CI Poly is highly desired
- Ability to travel up to 10%
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.