Technical Site Lead
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
- FULL TIME
- LEVEL: VARIES
- TRAVEL: NONE
- SALARY: VARIES
What makes a successful Software Engineer at L3Harris? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- CRITICAL THINKER
- DETAIL ORIENTED
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
L3Harris, ForceX division is an industry leader specializing in Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) software development and geospatial application technology programs. Our tightly integrated hardware and software solutions enables front-line special operations aviators to save lives by allowing aircrew members to operate efficiently when protecting friendly ground forces. We are the Trusted Choice of End-Users in the Special Operations Aviation Community. Working at L3Harris ForceX puts you at the forefront of ongoing advancements in an exciting industry and makes you a valued contributor toward changing the way people interact with technology. We believe success comes from teamwork, enthusiasm and striving for excellence. Located in the vibrant West End area of Nashville, Tennessee near the University of Vanderbilt campus and Centennial Park, L3Harris ForceX is more than just a place to work. We are excited to offer an exceptional, comprehensive medical, dental, vision benefits package which includes company paid life insurance, unlimited paid time off, 11 paid holidays, flexible work hours (6:30 am to 7 pm) and a 9/80 work schedule with every other Friday off. In addition, we also enjoy free lunch on-site three days a week, access to our company suite at Bridgestone arena for concerts and sporting events, access to on-site gym, popping some popcorn for an afternoon snack, playing a friendly game of ping-pong, or perhaps designing something fun on the company 3-D printer, just to name a few. As you can see, we enjoy a culture of dedication, innovation and creativity where we approach work with a positive outlook every day, while at the same time, integrating and engineering software that interfaces with some of the newest and coolest hardware on the planet.
Technical Site Lead
The Site Lead at L3Harris ForceX will be responsible for ensuring the achievement of the overall operations of product and program activities in alignment with the business objectives and culture of L3Harris ForceX. This individual will monitor and assist the daily operational activities of the staff, products, and programs at the remote facility. The Site Lead will work closely with other functional departments (both internal ForceX and Partners) to implement, support, and deliver technology solutions on schedule and in budget. The individual will collaborate with other functional leads achieve the highest levels of quality, system performance, and code development while removing obstacles, and managing “No’s” to “Yes”. The individual will provide leadership, alignment, and accountability to ensure that a “L3Harris ForceX Culture” is extended to the remote partnered site. Provide leadership by coaching, mentoring, motivating and managing performance to create high achieving teams that meet L3Harris ForceX’s operational excellence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Represent to partners, customers, suppliers, competitors, and government agencies as needed
- Achieve alignment and accountability: establish clear goals that align the product and program efforts to meet ForceX’s goals; ensure synergies between people, partners, and processes to drive flawless execution of product and program objectives
- Assist business operations in building relationships and managing an external partnered team in development and engineering activities
- Coordinate with technical experts and/or Subject Matter Experts to provide guidance on all work in the absence of a product owner
- Provide guidance and leadership; help to develop a sense of being part of the L3Harris ForceX team
- Work with product owners and product managers to establish utilization, capacity and program scheduling
- Work with corporate entities (IT, Contracts, Finance) to help resolve issues for the partnered site
- Work closely with the Partnership Manager on all matters regarding activity at Partner site
- Required to perform other appropriate duties as requested, directed, or assigned
- Perform all job functions with a positive, professional attitude
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Decision and action focused; capable of making thoughtful decisions; work under pressure; get input and build consensus; and consider impact of decisions. Must be able to make effective decisions quickly
- Analytical thinking; identify and understand complex blended team issues, problems, and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions; use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences
- Solid understanding of ISR operations and the ability to convey those concepts to the partnered organization
- Ability to think “multi-dimensionally” regarding priority and scheduling of projects and work
- Ability to continuously assess partner, site functionality and validity for L3Harris ForceX work
Required Skills, Experience and Education:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a technical or related field
- Minimum of 6 years as an individual contributor in a technology field such as software engineering, engineering or another related technological field
- A minimum of 3 years leadership experience in a technical field
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills; must be well equipped to articulate thoughts and ideas
- Must possess strong time management and planning skills
- Must be able to monitor and maintain schedule, and understand how to influence schedule for an external partnered organization
- Must be able to monitor and control scope to maintain schedule of development projects and capable of identifying opportunities to product managers and partnership managers any opportunities for gaining efficiencies
- Ability to be a liaison extending the company culture to not only the partnered site, but to customers visiting the partnered site
- Ability to review Statements of Work and identify risks, technical requirements, and milestone objectives
Preferred Skills, Experience and Education:
- Familiar with software development lifecycles and how they are executed
- Ability to understand the nuances of agile development, and the metrics that drive the process
- Ability to plan, monitor, and manage projects and produce the proper artifacts for review by leadership
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Duties may require being on call periodically and working outside of normal working hours (evenings, weekends, and holidays)
- Work performed in an office environment; customer facility; System Integration Laboratory (SIL); in ground vehicles or in secure facilities with/without environmental control; or on-site in aircraft parked in hangers and outside
- Ability to independently lift 25 lbs.
- Ability to climb ladders and crawl in small tight spaces
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
L3Harris Work Perks
Dress for your day
adoption cost benefit