Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Field Service Training Specialist
Fort Walton Beach, FloridaJob ID IMS20222806-85283
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
The role of the Lead, Technical Trainer is to develop and maintain technical training materials, conduct on-site and off-site formal training sessions including academic, ground and flight training and troubleshoot classroom and aircraft configuration issues. The Lead, Technical Trainer acts as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) representing customer requirements in L3Harris Division ForceX’s Agile/Scrum software development cycle and supports future business development by providing ground and flight demonstration support to partner companies and potential customers. The role must constantly maintain L3Harris ForceX’s exceptional reputation through positive customer interaction. The Lead, Technical Trainer, Level 5 is a highly skilled and experienced individual contributor working autonomously and on complex assignments to achieve operational targets, which have significant impact on the overall achievement of results for the team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct on-site and off-site training sessions
- Integrate with multiple agile software development teams, adding subject-matter expertise during the requirements, design, and testing and implementation phases of software release
- Understand customer needs and priorities and be able to communicate them effectively to diverse stakeholders during the development process
- Advocate for changes in training that will provide the most value to the customer
- Schedule and coordinate training classes with customers and meet all deadlines for contract training documentation
- Configure and maintain training and simulation equipment, including hardware and software configuration on computer networks
- Translate new or improved software features into simple, repeatable training material appropriate for the target customers
- Required to perform other appropriate duties as requested, directed, or assigned Interact directly with engineering team and program management staff to analyze requirements and provide insights and recommendations based on technical subject matter expertise
- Perform all job functions with a positive, professional attitude
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of L3Harris ForceX software applications and their use in the field
- Advanced knowledge of the real-world, tactical applications of L3Harris ForceX products
- Highly developed knowledge of adult learning principles, instructional systems design models and evaluation strategies
- Ability to present clear learning objectives and design training curricula and courses
- Ability to select and use appropriate training/instructional methods and procedures when learning or teaching new concepts and tasks
- Ability to translate customer requirements into workable development tasks
- Ability to assist in the development of test cases to properly validate software features
- Ability to rapidly learn and then teach a variety of new software applications and hardware systems
- Ability to build positive relationships with both customers and software development teams
- Ability to operate independently, ensuring customer satisfaction and compliance with applicable regulations and norms
- Ability to travel up to 50% (30% expected), often on short notice, including very occasional OCONUS trips
Required Skills, Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience
- Holder of a Department of Defense Security Clearance (or ability to obtain one) required
Preferred Skills, Experience and Education:
- Two (2) or more years of experience as an operator of L3Harris ForceX software applications strongly preferred
- One to three (1-3) years of full-time experience directly related to developing education and training programs for technical and/or software products preferred
- Experience as a Department of Defense Instructor/Evaluator strongly preferred
- Current holder of a FAA Class II or higher Flight Medical clearance (or the ability to pass one) strongly preferred
- Required to sit and/or stand for long periods of time
- Required to instruct verbally for long periods of time
- Infrequent light physical effort required
- Written and verbal communication
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate and troubleshoot computers and associated network hardware
- May require the ability to travel via automobile or airplane
Personal Protective Equipment:
- As required by program needs
- Work performed in an office, flight line or aircraft environment
- Work extensively with computers and other computer network hardware
- Ability to ingress and egress aerial platforms
- Duties may require being on call periodically and working outside of normal working hours (evenings and weekends)
About L3Harris Technologies
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.