Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Industrial Security Specialist
Santa Rosa, CaliforniaJob ID IMS20222804-81485
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Indistrial Security Specialist
Job Code: IMS20222804-81485
Job Location: Santa Rosa, CA
L3Harris Wescam USA is a dynamic and innovative service business. A leader in high technology and engineering services, the team is known for its expertise in the areas of Electro Optical / Infrared stabilized imaging systems and services. We offer competitive benefits and the opportunity to work with a talented and diverse group of professionals.
We are searching for an Industrial Security Specialist / OPSEC Coordinator for our Wescam USA division.This position will be responsible for implementation, compliance and training of all aspects of 32 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Part 117, NISPOM Rule, Operations Security (OPSEC), and L3Harris corporate security policies and functions. The candidate will perform the duties of Security Specialist and OPSEC Coordinator in support of various programs. However, the primary function of this position will be to support a dedicated customer program.
The Industrial Security Specialist / OPSEC Coordinator interprets, implements, and maintains a highly-effective security program consistent with all regulatory, government policies and provides supplemental guidance to the business and its leaders. The Security Specialist will be responsible for aspects of the National Industrial Security Program (NISP), both physical and non-tangible, protecting classified information, proprietary information, and company assets. The Security Specialist sees the overall security program as a business discriminator to the organization and the company. Provide disciplinary guidance based on the graduated scale of disciplinary action as required by 32 CFR Part 117 (NISPOM Rule). Additionally, the OPSEC Coordinator function will develop programs to protect sensitive and/or critical information from adversary observation and collection in ways that traditional security programs cannot. The OPSEC process will identify the critical information of plans, operations, and supporting activities and the indicators that can reveal it, and then develops measures to eliminate, reduce, or conceal those indicators. In addition, the OPSEC Coordinator will be responsible for maintaining an accurate, robust, up-to-date plan. This plan will be updated annually, when required/requested by the customer, or when commensurate with real-time threats and/or changing environments.
Industrial Security (75%).
- Provide administrative security support for programs of national importance.
- Interpret and implement security policy consistent with the Company, DOD, and other Government regulations.
- Maintain and coordinate excellent working relationships with internal & external customers, and government agencies.
- Serves as the security point of contact (POC) for WESCAM employees
- Maintains active membership with Infragard
- Develops and sustains meaningful professional relationships with the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the Defense Counterintelligence & Security Agency (DCSA).
- Serves as the Security Education Training & Awareness (SETA) Program Manager and delivers meaningful monthly training to all employees. Tracks and monitors training closely and reports metrics to management & DCSA
- Provide day-to-day execution of all security functions for the program.
- Conduct security indoctrinations, debriefings, & audits
- Ensure proper processing of incoming and outgoing visit certifications
- Utilizes the Defense Information System for Security (DISS) on a daily basis to monitor & process employees’ security clearances (SF-86) and visits
- Utilizes and updates the Security Information Management System (SIMS) on a daily basis
- Monitors foreign travel of both cleared and uncleared employees, provides security training, and reports metrics of travel in multiple databases
- Authors and publishes internal security policies and continuously updates those policies
- Serves as the Insider Threat Program Senior Official (IPTSO) and facilitates quarterly business insider threat steering committees
- Tracks and reports suspicous incident reports to the DCSA
- Serves as the Synchronized Pre-deployment & Operational Tracker (SPOT) Company Administrator; creates Letters of Authorization for deployments
- Works closely with government officials to ensure deployers have valid common access cards (CAC)
- Receives security complaints, evaluates allegations, and upchannels information to the appropriate authorities for resolution
- Use an analytical and risk-management based approach for the implementation of the security program.
- Provide briefings through public speaking, facilitated trainings, and written guidance.
- Process and protect personally identifiable information (PII) and other sensitive, personal information with regards to reporting responsibilities in a professional manner.
- Effectively apply physical and procedural security measures with minimal impact to business operations.
- Prepare, maintain and protect official records auditable by U.S. Government representatives.
- Utilizes the National Industrial Security System (NISS) and ensures the system continuously has the most updated data
- Ensure facility maintains a DCSA Superior rating by adherence to the 32 CFR Part 117 policies and best practices and other government requirements.
- Maintain, audit and evaluate industrial security program to provide a safe and secure environment to protect employees and company assets.
- Manage access of support vendors, consultants, and contactors to the facility.
- Team together with other organizations, especially Export Control, Facilities, and Information Technology.
- Interact with functional business groups, senior management, and customer/government representatives.
- Assist the Facility Security Officer (FSO) with annual DCSA Security Audits and 32 CFR Part 117 Inspections
- Other security-related duties as assigned by the FSO or the Site/Program Manager.
OPSEC Coordinator (25%).
- Development and management of an OPSEC Plan. The USG will supply applicable program and command OPSEC plans for incorporation.
- Provides deployers OPSEC education briefings predeployment, during deployment, and upon request
- Participate as required in Integrated Product Team meetings.
- Participate as required in Program Review Meetings
- Provide guidance on security matters related to the establishment of an online data portal for contract data.
- Support security requirements associated with deployment of OCONUS FSR technicians including the Pre-Deployment processing requirements of the contract
- Support security requirements associated with deployment of CONUS FSR technicians to the locations defined by customer and contract requirements
- Support security requirements/access for activities that will occur at USG facilities such as Verification and Validation (V&V) events, platform integration events, test events, Technical Interchange Meetings (TIM).
- Participate in Sensor System Payload Cybersecurity Posture work and submission as required
- Participate in the Critical Functional Analysis (CFA) and Critical Program Information Assessment (CPIA) as required
- Coordinate with other division/business Security and IT team members on customer security requirements and compliance to the DD254.
- Support Access and General Protection/Security Policy and Procedures outlined under the Information Security section for applicable employees.
- Manage/support contract requirements related to Handling or Accessing Classified Information
- Manage/support contract requirements related to Common Access Cards (CAC)
- Support completion and manage AT and OPSEC awareness training for applicable employees
- Support completion of IWATCH training for applicable employees
- Manage all personnel Security clauses in the customer contract as they relate to OCONUS FSR technicians. These include sections related to Contractors Authorized to Accompany the Force and Contract Requiring Performance or Delivery in a Foreign Country
- Participate in Program Protection Implementation Plan (PPIP) development once USG PPP is provided
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a related Industrial Security and/or Operations Security field
- Clearance – Existing Secret or Top Secret security clearance is preferred
- Must be a US Citizen
PREFERRED ADDITIONAL SKILLS:
- FSO Program Management for Possessing Facilities (CDSE)
- Insider Threat Awareness (CDSE)
- Establishing an Insider Threat Program (CDSE)
- Security Fundamentals Professional Certification (SFPC)
- Industrial Security Professional (ISP) certification
- Level II Certified OPSEC Coordinator certification
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and staff.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite and other software programs involving security.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to present information to managers, executives, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to provide clear and understandable communications to non-technical people.
- Possess strong organizational skills.
- Able to maintain accurate records and logs in accordance with policies and compliance requirements.
- Ability to use good judgment in planning and accomplishing new and/or unfamiliar objectives.
- Ability to research, gather and analyze information then formulate effective recommendations and actions.
- Ability to creatively accomplish goals within constraints of budgets, time, and/or available resources.
- Ability to effectively interpret and act upon a variety of instructions from various channels.
- Ability to work independently and with a team to produce accurate results quickly.
- Able to effectively lead and manage a project from inception to completion.
- Able to sit for prolonged periods and use a computer/keyboard
- Able to use standard office equipment
- Able to lift 20 pounds and reach for items on shelves
- Typical office environment
- Fast paced, schedule-driven environment
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.