Business Development Sr Manager – SOCOM/ JTCITS
Fort Bragg, North CarolinaJob ID CS20211304-59674
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
TITLE: Business Development Sr Manager – SOCOM/ JTCITS
Requisition ID: CS20211304-59674
LOCATION: SOCOM locations at MacDill AFB, Ft. Walton, or Ft. Bragg
Will need to relocate to one of the BCS key SOCOM locations: MacDill AFB, Fort Walton, or Fort Bragg. Relocation is offered and will be considered on a case by case basis.
Responsible for identifying, qualifying, and winning new business development pursuits for L3Harris with the objective of increasing SOCOM sales, orders and revenue.
- Develop new business opportunities and expand the product line with the current customers focusing on growing L3Harris BCS SOCOM pipeline associated existing ISR, SATCOM, and classified customer solutions.
- Lead capture team on JTCITS re-compete/ modernization
- Grow classified business with SOCOM including with SIMO/TAPO. Includes ALE and Weapons Datalink markets.
- Communicates within and outside of the organization to influence leadership to accept new practices, approaches, and concepts. Requires ability to communicate and influence leadership regarding matters of substantial importance to the function or business area. Frequently conducts briefings to senior leaders.
- Responsible for developing capture plans, business cases, and phase gate reviews for opportunities in the pipeline. Identify Price to Win, Probability of Win, Key Discriminators for each pursuit that will be used in making decisions during reviews of each pursuit and guide the proposal development
- Responsible for account management and relationships with existing customers.
- Understand the DoD budget and trends, understand current and future domestic market space, understand competitor's strategies and strengths; be able to research new markets and identify potential customers.
- Proactively create, cultivate, and enhance relationships with new customers and key contacts in industry and Government to help identify new business opportunities.
- Assist Program Managers/Proposal Managers and ensure complete, compliant, and quality proposals are delivered on time
- Develop and maintain opportunity pipeline using the L3Harris Microsoft Dynamics Customer Relationship Management (CRM) System
- Develop and maintain 12-18 month Bookings forecast which identifies specific opportunities and quantitatively measure the potential financial impact to L3Harris
- Develop and manage detailed Work Order (WO) & Bid & Proposal (B&P)l budgets needed to support CRM opportunities
- Relationships with current key SOCOM customers at Fort Bragg, AFSOC, and SOCOM PEOC4 and / or SATCOM decision makers.
- Travel is required as needed. Up to 75%
- Bachelors degree, or equivalent Military Officer experience, and 10 years relevant Business Development experience.
- 10 years Senior Level Management, Business Development, and leadership experience leading cross-department project teams and manage across the function.
- 5 years experience with SOCOMacquisition processes and procedures
- 5 years current or previous experience military experience in SOCOM on the operational side
- 5 years experience leading one or more pursuit teams
- Active Secret, or higher, US Security clearance
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Existing relationships with current key SOCOM customers at Ft. Bragg, AFSOC, and SOCOM PEOC4 and / or SATCOM decision makers.
- Requires strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Will need to relocate to one of the BCS key SOCOM locations: MacDill AFB, Ft Walton, or Ft Bragg
- Active TS, or higher, US Security clearance
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.