Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Software Engineering Lead
Fleet, United KingdomJob ID SAS20222212-95068
What makes a successful team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
A dynamic market environment combined with pioneering technology and a collaborative team, makes every day interesting and engaging.Thomas, Program Finance Manager, Crawley, UK
L3Harris Work Perks
- Private medical insurance and group life assurance
- Benefit allowance to help you pay for insurance
- Options for dental and critical illness coverage as well as a health cash plan and gym membership
- Employee and Family discount programme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Optional partner life assurance
- Generous annual holiday allowance
- Retirement savings plan with employer contribution
- Employee assistance programme to provide advice and guidance on finance, mental health, and more
- Casual “dress for your day” policy
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title - Software Engineering Lead
Job Location - Fleet, UK
Job ID - SAS20222212-95068
Your next role
As a Software Engineering Lead you will develop and manage requirements for complex software components/systems. You will also be involved with designing, development and testing of complex software components/systems.
At L3Harris, in our Intelligence & Cyber (ICI) division, we are looking for a Software Engineering Lead to join our growing software team working within the C3ISR portfolio. Initial work will be on counter drone capabilities and situation awareness projects with opportunities to work on next generation Cyber Security and Electronic Warfare technology.
What the role will involve
The responsibilities of this role will include the following:
- Taking a leading role in the development of complex Multi-Domain Situation Awareness Systems and in some cases acting as the Technical Authority for a sub-system.
- Mentoring a team of 5-8 Software Engineers to deliver subsystems within budget and timescale. Delegating tasks appropriately and monitoring progress. Responsible for training/mentoring team members and providing feedback on performance - this will take up around 10/20% of your role.
- Contribute to the development of the Software Engineering Function through the promotion of Software Engineering best practice, tools, processes and training.
- Contribute to the generation of technical proposals, bids and presentations.
- Opportunities to participate in trials, customer demonstrations and onsite acceptance testing in a range of countries worldwide.
What you’ll bring
The role of Software Engineering Lead requires the following experience and skills:
- Previous Software Engineering experience in one or more language (Objective-C, C++, Python or Java).
- Solid experience of object orientated design and implementation principles (OOD,OOP).
- Production of reliable, robust, intuitive, maintainable software components.
- Experience of leading software engineering development projects through most parts of the software lifecycle from concept definition through to handover to the customer.
- A Degree (or equivalent experience) in Computer Science/Software Engineering.
- Relevant industry experience in either the Defence, Aerospace or other complex embedded environments would be advantageous.
At L3Harris, we value and appreciate everything our people do for us, and offer an attractive package. A few of our benefits are:
- Flexible working hours and hybrid working where possible
- 12pm finish on a Friday
- Pension scheme of up to 7% employer contribution
- 25 days holiday per year, increasing with long service and with the opportunity to buy/sell
- Private medical insurance
- Flexible opt-in extras such as a health care cash plan, dental insurance, gym membership, critical illness cover and cycle to work scheme
- Training and development opportunities and support with qualifications where relevant
- Mental health and wellbeing schemes
Important to know
Many of our roles require the ability to obtain a security clearance relevant to the country of the position. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and may be subject to government security checks.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination and offers equal opportunities for all. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.