Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Fleet, United KingdomJob ID SAS20220806-83637
What makes a successful team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
A dynamic market environment combined with pioneering technology and a collaborative team, makes every day interesting and engaging.Thomas, Program Finance Manager, Crawley, UK
L3Harris Work Perks
- Private medical insurance and group life assurance
- Benefit allowance to help you pay for insurance
- Options for dental and critical illness coverage as well as a health cash plan and gym membership
- Employee and Family discount programme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Optional partner life assurance
- Generous annual holiday allowance
- Retirement savings plan with employer contribution
- Employee assistance programme to provide advice and guidance on finance, mental health, and more
- Casual “dress for your day” policy
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title – FPGA/Firmware Engineers
Job Location – Fleet (UK)
We are committed to being a flexible working organisation, and willing to consider flexible working hours for some of our roles. Part time work will also be considered. Please discuss upon your application or reach out to email@example.com if you have a query.
Job ID – SAS20220806-83637
Your next role
Are you looking for an opportunity to grow and enhance your skills as a FPGA Engineer in a dynamic industry that is constantly developing and delivering innovative, next-generation capabilities? We’re hiring for multiple FPGA Engineers to join our team in various levels throughout the team. We have opportunities from junior to senior available.
At L3Harris, in our Intelligence & Cyber International (ICI) division, we work closely with UK Government and Security Agencies to shape and build cutting-edge solutions that combat the ever-evolving threats faced by the public and private sectors on a daily basis.
What the role will involve
If you join our team of dedicated experts, the responsibilities of your role will include the following:
- Working with new and evolving technologies, sometimes outside of your immediate skill set, to solve a wide range of challenges using creative and innovative solutions.
- Design, implementation and verification of complex FPGA systems, primarily using VHDL.
- Performing research and exploratory tasks using publically available software and information sources
- Working as part of a cross functional team, to deliver new products, systems and applications, using Agile methodology.
What you’ll bring
The role of FPGA Engineer requires the following experience and skills:
- Experience targeting Xilinx FPGA and System on a Chip (SoC) devices, with expertise in using AXI protocol
- Proficient in FPGA simulation using Mentor Graphics Modelsim or QuestaSim tools
- Expertise using existing and legacy Xilinx FPGA build tools (ISE & Vivado)
- Demonstrable experience achieving timing closure in large high-speed designs
- Ability to utilize, develop and maintain scripted build flows (TCL/ Python)
- Experience with modern, team-based version control systems (Git)
- Strong understanding of Continuous Integration approaches and tools (e.g. Jenkins, Bamboo & Docker)
At L3Harris, we value and appreciate everything our people do for us, and offer an attractive package. A few of our benefits are:
- Flexible working hours with a condensed working week if desired
- 3.5 hour day on Fridays – finish before 12pm!
- Pension scheme of up to 7% employer contribution
- 25 days holiday per year, increasing with long service and with the opportunity to buy/sell
- Private medical insurance
- Flexible opt-in extras such as a health care cash plan, dental insurance, gym membership, critical illness cover and cycle to work scheme
- Training and development opportunities and support with qualifications where relevant
- Mental health and wellbeing schemes
Important to know
Many of our roles require the ability to obtain a security clearance relevant to the country of the position. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and may be subject to government security checks.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination and offers equal opportunities for all. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.