Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Tactical Vision Solutions Engineer
Farnborough, United KingdomJob ID CS20232109-106327
What makes a successful team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
A dynamic market environment combined with pioneering technology and a collaborative team, makes every day interesting and engaging.Thomas, Program Finance Manager, Crawley, UK
L3Harris Work Perks
- Private medical insurance and group life assurance
- Benefit allowance to help you pay for insurance
- Options for dental and critical illness coverage as well as a health cash plan and gym membership
- Employee and Family discount programme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Optional partner life assurance
- Generous annual holiday allowance
- Retirement savings plan with employer contribution
- Employee assistance programme to provide advice and guidance on finance, mental health, and more
- Casual “dress for your day” policy
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 50,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Tactical Vision Solutions Engineer
Job Location: Farnborough, UK- with extensive international travel
Job ID: CS20232109-106327
About this opportunity and L3Harris UK
From 12 UK sites, our team of over 1,400 people deliver unique capabilities across air, land, sea, space and cyber for military, security and commercial customers, worldwide.
L3Harris Integrated Vision Solutions (IVS) in Farnborough is a global leader in the development and production of advanced night vision and electro-optical technology and systems for the U.S. military, federal agencies, public safety and sporting communities, and international markets. As part of L3Harris., and its Communication Systems business Segment, IVS is made up of leading and complementary military and commercial divisions: Insight Technology and Electron Tube Operations (ETO).
The Tactical Vision Solutions Engineer is responsible for field and factory based technical support of L3Harris Communications Systems, Integrated Vision Solutions (IVS) advanced night vision and electro-optical equipment’s in the EMEA region.
Predominantly required to deliver formal technical training courses on company products, execute product demonstrations, support field trials/testing and perform installation services as applicable to customers within the EMEA region. Provides pre-sales and/or post sale technical support of company products/systems. Provides, presents and interprets design, application and service information to sales staff and customers. Assesses and analyzes technical application of company products and competing equipment to meet customer needs. May design systems to satisfy customer needs. Prepares detailed product specifications to sales staff and customers. Provides follow-up support in disseminating technical information on specific applications. May prepare and present sales proposals.
A few of our employee benefits are:
- 25 days holiday per year (plus bank holidays), increasing with long service and with the opportunity to buy/sell up to 5 days
- Private medical insurance with optional family cover
- Pension scheme of up to 7% employer contribution
- Life Assurance 4x salary (flexible up to 10x)
- Group income protection
- Flexible opt-in extras such as a health care cash plan, dental insurance, gym membership, critical illness cover and cycle to work scheme
- Employee assistance program providing mental health and wellbeing support
Qualifications & Experience required:
- Associates Degree (or equivalent experience)
- Proven Military experience and strong field engineering experience working with Operational aspects, Training and Maintenance of Night Vision, Image intensifying and Aiming & Illumination equipment’s.
- Able to hold UK SC & NATO secret clearance
- Must have a detailed understanding and working knowledge of firearms boresighting and zeroing procedures.
- Must have experience developing, implementing and delivering curriculum in accordance with the Military Approach to Training i.e. DSAT
- Planning, preparation and execution of capability demos, briefings and competitive trials.
- Provision of in country & remote technical advice and support to customers as well as via telephone, e-mail or written media.
Additional Knowledge and Skillset:
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer Skills, incorporating the Microsoft office tools.
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Customer Orientation
- Initiative/Judgement / Problem Solving
- Decision Making
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions and Hazardous locations
- Ability to work autonomously or as part of a team
- Ability to travel throughout the EMEA region
- Good understanding and operational theory of Military communications
Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to UK citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Thank you for your patience as we transition to a new applicant tracking system. Please be aware that you may have applications in more than one system at this time and, as a result, you may receive communications regarding your applications from multiple systems.