Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Sr Spec, Program Finance
Farnborough, United KingdomJob ID CS20222804-81480
What makes a successful team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
A dynamic market environment combined with pioneering technology and a collaborative team, makes every day interesting and engaging.Thomas, Program Finance Manager, Crawley, UK
L3Harris Work Perks
- Private medical insurance and group life assurance
- Benefit allowance to help you pay for insurance
- Options for dental and critical illness coverage as well as a health cash plan and gym membership
- Employee and Family discount programme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Optional partner life assurance
- Generous annual holiday allowance
- Retirement savings plan with employer contribution
- Employee assistance programme to provide advice and guidance on finance, mental health, and more
- Casual “dress for your day” policy
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Senior Specialist, Program Finance
Job Location: UK-Hampshire-Farnborough
Job Code: PFP4
L3Harris’ Communication Systems segment is currently seeking a [Senior Specialist, Program Finance] to join our team. This position will be based at our [UK-Hampshire-Farnborough] facility. If applicable, mention: “This position offers hybrid/remote work.”
This person will contribute to the company’s success by [mention 2 important essential responsibilities]. This role will report directly to [Senior Finance Manager] and is responsible for succesfully [oversee the Program Finance internal reporting for MMR Program and Program Finance external reporting to the SSRO as per Single Source regulation].
- Become resident expert on UK program reporting under single source regulations.
- Proactively scrutinize cost/hours charged to the program to ensure performance in line with gross margin expectations for Internal and External (SSRO) reporting requirements.
- Work collaboratively with Program Managers and Director to ensure all EAC’s (Estimate at Complete) are reviewed on a monthly basis and presented at program reviews
- Provide comprehensive financial metrics (including EVM – earned value management) in order to measure project performance
- Proactively scrutinize cost/hours charged to the program to ensure performance in line with gross margin expectations
- Ensure appropriate revenue recognition and gross margins are in line with budget each month
- Develop bid and pricing packs when required – this element of the job will grow with the business
- Trade Finance for – working with the US Finance B&P team to support EMEA Countries requests.
- Internal/external audit support as required.
- Other AdHoc tasks as required.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Level 4 – Professional
- Requires strong knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience. Typically viewed as having a specialty within discipline. May have broad knowledge of project management. Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
• Part Qualified or Qualified ACCA/CIMA
[PeopleFluent automatically populates Security clearance and EEO data sections]
Best Practices for Quick Checks and Corrections of Job Descriptions:
Formatting Guidance :
- Verdana Font, Size 12
- Single Spacing
- Bold and Color Section Headers and first sentence in Black
ü Specific location should NOT be in the job title
- Ok to include geography if it is part of the job such as Regional Sales Manager: Southeast Zone
ü Job level should NOT be in the job title/description
ü Acronyms or abbreviations should be edited to full words
- Examples: Sr to Senior: Mfg to Manufacturing
- Can also risk from not having the job show up in searches
ü Pronouns should NOT be used
- We must not assume gender
- If unsure, use this gender decoder to run your job description through.
ü Use clear and direct language that is easy for candidates to understand
ü Do not list redundant/obvious qualifications like “must be able to prioritize work to meet deadlines”
ü Do not list every single task, as it can be exhausting to read
ü Do not list only generic benefits that don’t make the company different
ü Attract candidates by showcasing the company brand and mission
- Reflect employees’ values that have been talked about in posting
ü Make the layout mobile-friendly!
- Use bold text and bullet points to make important information more visible on smaller screens
ü Set apart legal requirements for the end
ü Get plenty of input from hiring manager, but also from those who have had/worked with the position
Essential Responsibilities Tips:
ü Focus these on growth and development, not just daily tasks
- Include examples of successful projects the company has launched in the past
- Mention any meaningful/exciting projects the new hire will take on
Basic Qualification Tips:
ü Should align with Career Framework