Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Sr Assoc, Applications Engrg
Farnborough, United KingdomJob ID CS20222112-94992
What makes a successful team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
A dynamic market environment combined with pioneering technology and a collaborative team, makes every day interesting and engaging.Thomas, Program Finance Manager, Crawley, UK
L3Harris Work Perks
- Private medical insurance and group life assurance
- Benefit allowance to help you pay for insurance
- Options for dental and critical illness coverage as well as a health cash plan and gym membership
- Employee and Family discount programme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Optional partner life assurance
- Generous annual holiday allowance
- Retirement savings plan with employer contribution
- Employee assistance programme to provide advice and guidance on finance, mental health, and more
- Casual “dress for your day” policy
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title – Applications Engrg Job Location – Farnborough UK
Job Code – CS20222112-94992
Responsible for field and factory based technical support of L3Harris CS tactical and networking radio equipment’s, in the HF VHF UHF (RF) spectrum Including Type 1 products. Based at Farnborough, Hampshire, with extensive international travel.
Predominantly required to deliver formal technical training courses on company products, execute product demonstrations, support field trials and perform installation services as applicable to customers within the EMEA region. Provides pre-sales and/or post sale technical support of company products/systems. Provides, presents and interprets design, application and service information to sales staff and customers. Assesses and analyzes technical application of company products and competing equipment to meet customer needs. May design systems to satisfy customer needs. Prepares detailed product specifications to sales staff. Provides follow-up support in disseminating technical information on specific applications. May prepare and present sales proposals.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Associates Degree (or equivalent experience)
- Previous experience working with military and tactical radio communications systems. Including all aspects of technical support, training and installation
- Systems and strong field engineering experience of tactical radio equipment (RF) to include the construction, operation and repair of static and mobile installations.
- Good understanding of the common technologies and waveforms utilized across tactical radios systems for voice and data transmission
- Provision of in country & remote technical advice and support to customers as well as via telephone, e-mail or written media.
- Able to hold UK SC or NATO secret clearance
- Planning, preparation and execution of capability demos, briefings and competitive trials.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Integration of third-party vendor software
- Thorough working knowledge (ideally CCNA) of networking, IP & telephony applications, and radio techniques.
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Customer Orientation
- Initiative/Judgement / Problem Solving
- Decision Making
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions and Hazardous locations
- Ability to work autonomously or as part of a team
- Ability to undertake extensive travel throughout the EMEA region
- Preferred but not essential Knowledge of Defence Systems Approach to Training (DSAT)
- Preferred but not essential experience utilizing TDL (Tactical data Links) and ISR (Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance) and their integration with tactical communications systems.
Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to UK citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Candidates will support Environment, Health and Safety by fulfilling the L3Harris EHS Policy, complying with L3Harris EHS programs and applicable regulations, and striving for continual EHS improvement.