Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Lead, Systems Engrg
Farnborough, United KingdomJob ID CS20222411-93857
What makes a successful team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
A dynamic market environment combined with pioneering technology and a collaborative team, makes every day interesting and engaging.Thomas, Program Finance Manager, Crawley, UK
L3Harris Work Perks
- Private medical insurance and group life assurance
- Benefit allowance to help you pay for insurance
- Options for dental and critical illness coverage as well as a health cash plan and gym membership
- Employee and Family discount programme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Optional partner life assurance
- Generous annual holiday allowance
- Retirement savings plan with employer contribution
- Employee assistance programme to provide advice and guidance on finance, mental health, and more
- Casual “dress for your day” policy
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Lead, Systems Engrg
Job Code: CS20222411-93857
Job Location: Farnborough, UK
The successful candidate will be able to contribute to the company’s success by providing systems engineering expertise for product and systems development programmes. This role will report directly to the Senior Engineering Manager. There will be daily interaction with other engineers and frequent contact with team members from within the company, partner organisations and suppliers. Some customer interaction is expected. The successful candidate will be able to contribute to activities across the full systems engineering lifecycle including requirements, design, modelling, diagnostics and system / sub-system test.
- Understand, analyse and assess customers’ needs and requirements.
- System / sub-system design including architecture modelling and communications network modelling.
- Document and present system solutions to technical and non-technical audiences through technical specifications, white papers and presentations.
- System integration activities including building and configuration of sub-systems and system test.
- Undertake research and study activities to identify and demonstrate candidate technologies and solutions.
- Review and assess incident reports to diagnose system or product issues and suggest appropriate solutions.
- BEng, BSc in relevant subject and 9+ years of relevant experience or MEng, MSc with 7+ years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of communications systems and networking.
- Experience and knowledge of systems engineering lifecycles.
- Experience of writing technical specifications and reports.
- An understanding of military communications and networking.
- Knowledge and experience of UML / SysML or similar and associated tools.
- Knowledge and experience of requirements management and associated tools.
- Knowledge of RF systems, products and ancillaries. Including designing system solutions, planning and management.
- Knowledge of network communications technologies (e.g. IP networking, network management, network security).
- An understanding of security architectures, information assurance and product security.
- Understanding of Design Certification and product safety processes.
- An understanding of computer operating systems and virtualisation.
- A keen interest in current and emerging technologies and roadmaps in related areas.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to UK citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to UK Government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.