Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Lead, Systems Engrg
Farnborough, United KingdomJob ID CS20220710-91639
What makes a successful team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
A dynamic market environment combined with pioneering technology and a collaborative team, makes every day interesting and engaging.Thomas, Program Finance Manager, Crawley, UK
L3Harris Work Perks
- Private medical insurance and group life assurance
- Benefit allowance to help you pay for insurance
- Options for dental and critical illness coverage as well as a health cash plan and gym membership
- Employee and Family discount programme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Optional partner life assurance
- Generous annual holiday allowance
- Retirement savings plan with employer contribution
- Employee assistance programme to provide advice and guidance on finance, mental health, and more
- Casual “dress for your day” policy
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Lead, Systems Engrg
Job Location: UK-Hampshire- Farnborough
Job Code: CS20220710-91639
The Engineering Team based in Farnborough, UK is responsible for the through-life support of in-service tactical radio products and the research and development of technologies for future generation products and systems. The Engineering Team comprises system, software, hardware and mechanical engineering disciplines.
This is an opportunity for a systems engineer who can contribute to the full life-cycle of tactical radio products and systems from research and development through to the sustainment and enhancement of existing in-service products.
The successful candidate will be a senior professional with strong knowledge of digital radio and networking products and systems (preferably with a mobile communications context) and broad knowledge of systems engineering practices and management.
They will have a background in the design of embedded digital communications systems (from a systems, software or electronic engineering perspective) with a good knowledge of the wider system context. In this role, they will be able to contribute systems engineering expertise on complex projects and processes with general oversight from engineering management.
The role requires regular communication within and outside of the engineering function to gather information and manage a successful outcome to projects.
- Maintenance of the design for existing tactical radio products (including the development of new features and enhancements)
- Liaison with manufacturing and suppliers for design engineering activities (including support to production and component obsolesce management)
- Developing requirements from customer aspirations and concepts
- Requirements management, producing use cases and high-level specifications
- Allocating requirements and assistance in producing lower level design and technical documentation
- Producing test plans and specifications and analysing test results
- Preparing for and participating in formal technical reviews (SRR, PDR, CDR, TRR etc.)
The successful candidate will be able to perform the role with general oversight from Engineering Management and Leadership. They will be responsible for providing guidance, coaching and training to other employees in system engineering matters and working closely with peers from other engineering disciplines. They will be responsible for managing complex projects, at times involving delegation of work and review of work products.
The successful individual will have good written and verbal communication skills and be able to discuss complex technical matters with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience.
- Degree in an electrical, electronic or software engineering related discipline.
- At least six years relevant engineering experience (in a senior systems/software/electronics position) on digital communications projects.
- The position requires the candidate to currently hold or be able to obtain a UK security clearance.
Preferred Additional Skills (knowledge of one or more of the following is desirable):
- Writing of technical documentation (e.g. specifications, white papers).
- Working in a multi-disciplinary engineering team (especially with system, software and electronics engineers).
- Detailed knowledge and experience of systems engineering practices and techniques.
- Detailed knowledge of real-time embedded systems, Digital Signal Processing (DSP) and related technologies.
- Knowledge of UML (or SysML or similar) and associated tools.
- Computer literate (with good knowledge of Microsoft Office and other desktop applications).
- Understanding of the design lifecycle including requirements, design methodologies and configuration management.
- Ability to work within a flexible team environment.
- Must be internal and external customer focused.
- Ability to effectively manage time and prioritise activities to ensure efficient and effective support.
- Ability to assess immediate issues and provided direction for resolution.
- Pro-actively takes ownership of situation within skill set and lead through to satisfactory resolution
- Military RF communications systems, Software Defined Radio (SDR) and RF modulation.
- Development of communication waveforms.
- Development of embedded systems.
- Systems integration experience.
- Digital, analogue and RF circuit design and analysis.
- VHDL and FPGA design.
- Schematic capture tools (e.g. Cadence, OrCAD).
- Software development tools.
- MATLAB and other engineering design tools.
- Hands on experience with electronic test equipment (e.g. oscilloscopes, spectrum analysers, logic analysers).
- Requirement management tools (e.g. DOORS).
- Understanding of technical risk management.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to UK citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to UK Government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.