Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Senior Project Engineer
Fall River, Massachusetts; San Diego, California;Job ID IMS20210310-70338
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Senior Project Engineer
Job Code: IMS20210310-70338
Job Location: Fall River, MA (or Remote / Imperial Beach, CA)
This position will lead the technical activities of a design team on assigned projects/programs. Primary focus for this position is cyber. Work closely with Engineering groups, Cyber Engineer, and other departments as necessary to expedite project completion and facilitate the overall operation of project team.
- Lead the technical activities of a design team on major cyber projects/programs.
- Work with Program Manager, Lead Engineers and other departments to assure adherence to cost, schedule and quality requirements on major programs.
- Prepare and monitor engineering project team schedules, plans and budgets using computer aided network planning tools.
- Lead technical activities in the pursuit of new business opportunities.
- Lead the technical activities of a design team on major projects/programs.
- Coordinate preparation of work breakdown structures, task descriptions, basis of estimates and other resources required to perform cost estimating.
- Facilitate the overall operation and performance of a project team.
- Provide technical leadership for in-house activities from project start to completion.
- Provide technical leadership on issues related to subcontractors, suppliers and customers.
- Ensure that all technical contractual obligations or project baseline requirements are fulfilled.
- Ensure adherence to Quality Systems Manual and applicable Standard Work Instructions.
- Provide timely status updates with milestones, issues with plan of resolution..
- Limited use and/or application of technical principles, theories, and concepts.
- Develops solutions to routine technical problems of limited scope.
- Contributes to completion of routine technical tasks. Failure to achieve results can normally be overcome without serious effect on schedules and programs.
- Provides solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Works under general supervision. Follows established procedures. Work is reviewed for soundness of technical judgment, overall adequacy and accuracy.
- Contributes to completion of milestones associated with specific projects. Primarily internal company contacts. Infrequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts on routine matters.
- Prepare and monitor engineering project team schedules, plans and budgets.
- Support new business opportunities related to the product.
- Work closely with Engineering groups, Manufacturing Dept. and other departments as necessary to expedite project completion.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations to customers.
- Conduct design reviews.
- Capable of providing technical supervision and training/mentoring to lower level engineers.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline and minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience; or Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Defense Industry or military experience
- Cyber knowledge/experience
- Experience with Systems Engineering, Cybersecurity and Information Assurance
- Experience with Risk Management Framework (RMF) and obtaining an Authorization to Operate (ATO)
- Familiarity with the following security standards: DoDI 8500.01, DoDI 8510.01, NIST SP-800-53, CNSSI-1253 and U.S. Navy’s CYBERSAFE program
- Experience with Type 1 NSA Encryption devices and the Commercial Solutions for Classified (CSfC) program within the NSA
- Experience with hardening non-traditional IT systems
- Experience with Windows based Operating Systems
- Familiar with Linux based Operating Systems
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform