Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Mechanical Engineering Mgr
Fall River, MassachusettsJob ID IMS20220111-92859
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Mechanical Engineering Manager
Job Code: MEM5
Job Location: Fall River, MA
Manage and direct the day to day activities of the Mechanical Engineering Group. Provide technical direction and oversight to individuals in the Group and to program teams. Estimate labor, capacity and other resources as required to operate and adherence to budget and schedule commitments.
This person will lead the company’s mechanical engineering team with responsibilities for the mechanical design of the IVER family of underwater vehicles and associated support equipment. This person will provide input and recommendations for Internal Research And Development (IRAD) projects and support business growth by researching and responding to customer solicitations. As time permits, this person may also prepare and present research results on topics of general industry interest at trade conferences or contribute to published trade publication articles.
- Manage and direct the day to day activities of the Mechanical Engineering Group and make individual work assignments.
- Monitor individual performance and prepare formal Performance Appraisal Reports.
- Be capable of executing all the duties of a senior Mechanical Engineer.
- Serve as a Lead Engineer responsible for the total Mechanical system design of the Iver family of underwater vehicles.
- Provide detailed design models and drawings of all Iver mechanical components using Solidworks.
- Manage the design and prototype of new components to rapidly test changes and improvements.
- Ability to technically define and decompose AUV system and functional requirements, document specifications, and identify and architect new requirements.
- Work closely with Operations to transition new designs to production / manufacturing using establish company processes.
- Assist in the testing and qualification of the Iver AUV as well as implementing and testing all design changes.
- Experience in designing water tight pressure vessels in the 300 PSI pressure range; o-ring design, carbon fiber tubes, machined sealing caps, rotary seals for shafts that exit the pressure hull.
- Experience in designing machined aluminum parts that form the tail of the vehicle; drive motor and seal, servos to fin shafts supported and sealed.
- Experience in designing Delrin components that form parts of the vehicle that may hold sensors and have o-ring seals.
- Experience in designing structures to support printed circuit boards and electronic subsystems.
- Experience in fabricating I machining parts using CNC Lathes and Mills
- Assist in the integration of new sensors to support growth and customer opportunities.
- Assist purchasing Dept to select vendors for purchased mechanical components.
- Assist QC Dept to verify compliance of incoming purchased parts with required specs.
- Manage the engineering input to outside machine shops that will be fabricating components.
- Manage the documentation control system for all Iver subsystems and components
- Interface with customers on behalf of L3Harris OceanServer Engineering and Business Development
Requirements: Extensive Solidworks & Solidworks PDM Experience. FEA for structural analysis. Design of undersea systems. Knowledge of pressure vessel design and analysis, material selection for corrosive marine environments, high pressure seals.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.