Sr Spec, Procurement
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr Spec, Procurement
Job Location: UK-Hampshire- Farnborough
Job Code: CS20212302-56994
Senior professional with strong knowledge of job area and broad knowledge of project/procurement management. Manages complex projects or processes with minimal oversight. Communicates within and outside of own function to gain cooperation on operational processes, practices, and procedures. Makes improvements to systems and processes. Contributes to achievement of departmental goals and operating plans with direct impact on the departmental results
- This position is also responsible for covering Operational Metrics and Customer Services Support planning and reporting.
- Execute activities in support of manufacturing and engineering requirements, inventory goals and enhanced supplier performance, including usage analysis and material requirements
- Validating, placing, updating, and expediting Purchase Orders.
- Solicits and negotiates supplier price, lead time and delivery quotations.
- Performs follow-up function to ensure delivery and quality compliance.
- Bids material cost and demand planning in support of divisional requirements.
- Works with Finance to resolve invoice and supplier payment queries to support materials team in line with vendor payment terms.
- Execute issue resolution associated with planning and procurement activities.
- Materials or Products--Manage outside resources for the planning and procurement of materials within company policies and procedures to support division requirements.
- Problem solving and other tasks as required
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
- Previous/demonstrable experience in a Procurement role
- Excellent Excel and good Microsoft office skills
- Proven experience in complex, multi-cultural and matrix managed organization
- Familiar with Defense electronics
- ITAR regulations and international shipping requirements.
- Experience purchasing Mechanical, Electronic, and Hardware Material
- Experience of working in a Defence /manufacturing environment and ITAR regulations
- Experience of Lean/6-Sigma implementation and continuous improvement in a manufacturing environment
- Requires practical knowledge in leading and managing the execution of processes, projects and tactics within a team
- Use of manufacturing tools, such as Vantage, Oracle EBS, Agile, Windchill, CAD