Sr. Associate, Applications Engineer
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title – Sr. Associate, Applications Engineer
Job Location – UK - Hampshire - Farnborough
Job Code – CS20202511-53665
- Responsible for field based technical support of UK Demo Pool tactical and networking radio equipment’s, in the HF VHF UHF (RF) spectrum.
- Responsible for the installation, check out, operation, maintenance and repair and modification of Demo Pool equipment and/or software.
- Performs diagnostic tests to troubleshoot equipment failures, prior to demo or shipment. Possibly train internal employees on technical aspects of the products.
- Be able to carry out the preparation and set up Demonstration systems to fully test prior to shipment.
- Work and support the deploying Applications engineers with demo system set ups and equipment preparation prior to tasks.
- Support internal sales and programs team from a technical aspect with customer visits and demonstrations to the WInnersh office.
- Responsible for performing the physical or administrative tasks involved in the shipping, receiving, storing, and distribution of materials, parts, supplies and equipment. Unpacks and checks goods received against purchase orders or invoices, maintains records of received goods, rejecting unsatisfactory items where necessary. Lifts heavy items and may operate a forklift upon receipt of internal certification.
- Prepares and maintains records of merchandise shipped.
- Examines, stocks and distributes materials in inventory and on manufacturing lines.
- Knowledge of material handling procedures and Environmental Health and Safety requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience or 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree and a minimum of 6 years of prior related experience.
- Previous experience working with military and tactical radio communications.
- Systems and strong field engineering experience of tactical radio equipment (RF) to include the construction, operation and repair of static and mobile installations
- US citizenship
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Integration of third-party vendor software
- Working knowledge of networking, IP & telephony applications, and radio techniques.
- Knowledge of technical Stores systems
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Customer Orientation
- Judgement / Problem Solving