Sr Assoc, Order Management
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr Assoc, Order Management
Job Location: UK-Hampshire-Farnborough
Job Code: CS20212302-57021
Internal and external customers point of contact, for product returns, repair progress and final domestic/International shipments.
Perform administrative activities and database updates for repairs and shipments.
Works to resolve labor and material shortages, backlogs and other potential schedule interruptions.
Manage product returns, order progress and deliveries to meet customer requirements and support the team with associated administrative activities to develop operational excellence in a dynamic work environment.
Assist Production Planner on Metrics Coordination and planning activities in the Operations Support Department, including customer demand modelling, material cost analysis, consumption analysis. Ensure availability of materials to meet production requirements and delivery commitments. Works with materials manager to resolve any material shortages, constraints, backlogs and other potential schedule disruptions.
This position is also responsible for supporting on Operational Metrics, Demand Planning and Customer Services Support planning and reporting.
Assist with plans, schedules, coordinating and monitoring final approval of products through the complete production cycle to meet production requirements.
Perform demand planning and materials usage forecasting activities to analyze needs for replacement material and product inventory. Perform planning activities to analyze material shortages and coordinate between materials and production to negate production shortfalls.
- Coordinate effective metric dashboards and Operational Metrics to assist managers in decision making towards Operations business goals and targets.
- Work with engineering to find solutions to fulfil customer requests taking obsolescence into consideratio
- Metrics Coordinator tasks. Monitors variations in business performances, trends, KPIs, and provides support to Operations management to determine if corrective actions are required.
- Own and manage next highest-level assembly list of parts with end to end responsibility to drive down number of instances of days in house items working with key stakeholders and manage license quota, submissions and compliance with internal stakeholders.
- To become fully cross trained and able to provide cover for production planner and Repair Order management (Customer Services Support). Determine alternate products in order to meet delivery requirements. Work directly with customers to determine delivery requirements. Influences and/or resolves production and shipping schedules and RMA Prioritization
- Raise and manage RMA orders for the customer from request to shipment and manage global mailbox for Product Service, responding to all requests for information within 24-48 hours.
- Manage the import / export documentation and shipping of goods to customers, liaising with subject experts and freight companies
- Create Commercial Invoices and ensure export license coverage
- Problem solving and other tasks as required
- Planning experience
- Experience of working with technical documentation
- Capacity Planning
- Materials planning and usage modelling
- Experience of ISO Audits
- Minimum 6 years prior relevant experience.
- Experience of working in a Defence/manufacturing environment and ITAR regulations
- Experience of Lean/6-Sigma implementation and continuous improvement in a manufacturing environment
- Requires practical knowledge in leading and managing the execution of processes, projects and tactics within a team
- Use of manufacturing tools, such as Vantage, Oracle, Agile, Windchill, CAD
- Experience of management including costs and inventory
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience
- 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 6 years of prior related experience.
- Graduate Degree or equivalent with 0 to 2 years of prior related experience.