L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
To ensure test rigs and instrumented hardware is available and operable to meet various program time lines and Test Specifications.
- Designing and building test rigs and test hardware to meet test specifications and program timescales.
- Building test units and instrumenting them (where necessary) in line with test plan and program requirements.
- Conduct test in line with test specification, record results of testing and assist with preparation of test reports.
- Documenting test methodology and suggest improvements.
- Maintaining test equipment and test area.
Support Test Engineers in to deliver test programs
Liaise with equipment, instrumentation and data capture companies as required
Champion of Safe Working Practices
Analytical, methodical, organised • Good attention to detail
Team Player who is calm under pressure
EXPERIENCE / ACHIEVEMENTS
Minimum 3+ years' experience in a related industry • Some experience of mechanical, electrical/electronic systems
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE
Experienced fitter (Mechanical and Electrical) • Practical problem solver with good diagnostic skills • Computer literate
- Experience with pneumatic systems
- Experience with control systems
- Experience of lifting and lifting gear
- LabVIEW software and data acquisition (DAQ) equipment
- Sensors — accelerometers, load cells, pressure transducers, LVDT
- High Speed Cameras
- Environmental testing: Temperature, Humidity, Vibration
- Standard laboratory test equipment (multimeters, Vernier’s)
- Hydraulic and electrical actuators
- Electrical/electronic design
- Vibration Rigs
Please note some of the skills identified above are specialist skills and training and support will be given where appropriate
EDUCATION / TRAINING / QUALIFICATIONS
- Time served with Mechanical/Electrical experience
- City and Guilds or similar
1. Analytical and methodical 2. Communication and credibility 3. Attention to detail 4. Team Player