L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
To be responsible for the entire electronics lifecycle from problem definition, design, development, debug and manufacture. Working closely with the Production and Design teams to generate conceptual solutions and designs, to produce detailed CAD design layouts and manufacturing drawings.
- Electrical/Electro engineer to support electronic development within the design electronic team in a electo/mechanical design environment to generate conceptual solutions and design proposals.
- Ability to develop electronic concepts based on abstract schemes and/or customer specifications whilst considering the interaction with system and other design requirements.
- Will be able to analyse electrical requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints
- Develop block diagrams and interface control documentation.
- Able to conduct experimental tests & evaluate results.
- Ability to select suitable components & equipment based on analysis of specifications & reliability requirements.
- Participate in and conduct design reviews on behalf of the company and present technical briefings as required.
- Ability to assess vendor capability to support development.
- Liaise with manufacturers and production engineering department
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE
- Generate schematics to meet design requirements from first principles
- All aspects of PCB design / layout
- Proven knowledge of electro-mechanical systems
- Understanding of implementation of motors, solenoids and their control systems.
- Understanding and appreciation of both digital and analogue electronic disciplines.
- Understanding of material properties and selection criteria for application.
- Manufacturing methods suitable for the design intent.
- Experience of using Altium (for schematic capture and PCB layout)
- Experience in 4+ layer flex-rigid PCB design
- Firmware design knowledge
- VHDL / Verilog
- Understanding design and implementation of CPLD / EPLD within designs
- Hands on mechanical experience, i.e. using machine tools and general assembly an advantage.
- EMC/ EMI
- Ability to understand customer specifications to ensure the design meets all EMC/ EMI requirements
- Ability to write test procedures to support test activities to prove compliance
EDUCATION / TRAINING / QUALIFICATIONS
Degree in a related engineering discipline or 5+ years’ experience in a related industry
1. Analytical and methodical
2. Communication and credibility
3. Attention to detail
4. IT proficient
5. Team Player