Specialist Systems Engineer
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
L3Harris Corporation is seeking a Systems & Requirements Engineer. Job responsibilities will involve complex electronics, mechanical, electro-mechanical and pneumatic subsystems.
- System requirement definition and sub system de-composition, working with the Customer in a team context.
- Work with the team to ensure requirements can be achieved.
- Manage requirements and verification analysis via established tools and methodologies. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule and cost constraints (VCRI, Compliance Matrix, Verification Matrix and other similar tools for the demonstration of requirements achievement).
- Undertake technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk and supportability and effectiveness analyses at all levels of total system “product” to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
- Preparation of documentation with the end goal of system qualification and product certification.
- Produce plans/schedules in line with the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and in conjunction with the Programme Manager and or allocated resources.
- Performing integration and/or test of all components, ensuring electrical and physical compatibility to meet program technical, schedule and cost objectives.
- Provide concise and robust systems requirements database to customer and equipment owners.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Supporting new business growth in promoting the company's capability to customers, in investigating possible opportunities and in preparation of responses to customer Requests for Proposal.
- Bachelor's Degree in ME, EE, SW, Math, Physics or related engineering field is required.
- 5+ years of experience working within the guidelines of Government Specifications, Handbooks and applications.
Preferred Additional Qualifications/Experience:
Minimum 5 year’s industry experience in a Systems Requirements Engineering Environment
- System design including architectures, performance analysis and integration aspects
- Awareness of DOORS
- Awareness of CADMID
- Awareness of Safety including FMECA, FRACAS, DRACAS, Hazard Analysis, Safety Assessments etc
- Knowledge of Risk Management.
- Knowledge of ILS, ILM
- Knowledge of Design Verification Activities
- Experience in Military/ Aerospace Sector