L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
- Efficiently and effectively manage the procurement of all production and non-production materials and subcontract requirements to ensure timely delivery of quality conforming goods and services in accordance with customer orders and EDO MBM requirements.
- Review, select and manage a best value, reliable and performing supplier base in accordance with customer contractual requirements and company procedures.
- Actively represent procurement and support Procurement Manager at internal company meetings.
- Essential use of the company MRP II system to support production requirements. In addition, liaise with all production support functions through a variety of progressing and review processes to minimise material shortages, meet schedules/changes and minimise stock.
- Recommend and implement industry best practice approaches to material procurement.
This job description does not form part of your contract of employment.
- Ensure timely and conforming product manufacture through controlled and optimised procurement practices ensuring stock and work in progress are kept to safe shortage free levels.
- Provide support in addressing challenging yet ultimately achievable goals and targets for procurement based on sound and proven industry best practice.
- Work closely with Production Control to achieve all material requirements
- Prioritise and adjust workload to support the overall needs of the production plan.
- Liaise with the Suppliers and Quality Manager to redress any supplier quality deficiencies in a timely and pro-active manner.
- Identify and make recommendations on Make / Buy options.
- Ensure all importation regulations relating to procurement are met.
- Ensure flow down and compliance to contract specific and standard procurement terms and conditions.
- Encourage an open honest team-working based interaction with all reporting personnel and colleagues.
- Take part in / support adequate and appropriate training as provided, to meet company needs.
- Carry out audits and corrective actions to ensure the company purchasing procedures are fully maintained in line with BSEN ISO9001 and customer requirements.
- Represent purchasing in meetings with customers and other external bodies as and when required.
- Provide support in obtaining best cost availability.
- Carry out additional tasks reasonably requested or recognised as important to the safe and effective running of the business.
- Actively assist in the control of stock levels to achieve company stock turn objectives.
- Generate and negotiate supplier agreements to support long term company objectives.
Production Control, Accounting Team, Production Engineering, Quality Engineers/ Inspectors & Internal employees.
The candidate should be numerate, literate, hard working, organised and possess a pleasant interpersonnel manner with a methodical approach to their work. They should be able to work on their own initiative or as part of a team.
EXPERIENCE / ACHIEVEMENTS
- Significant previous experience of procurement within an engineering / manufacturing biased industry. (ISO9001 and / or Defence Certified).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to prepare and deliver professional presentations at a senior level.
- Ability to identify improvement opportunities and follow them through to conclusion.
- Highly motivated and performance focussed with good interpersonal and negotiating skills
- Capable of holding an authoritative position and winning both respect and technical credibility with employees, suppliers and customers.
- Good level of computer literacy (MS Office applications, internet and e-mail).
- Self-motivated and eager to take on responsibility and accountability.
- Unrestricted travel on an occasional basis will be required.
UK Security clearance is required.
Full driving license.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE
1) Attention to detail essential with good IT skills.
2) Ability to work to deadlines, multi-tasking and prioritise workload appropriately.
3) Methodical approach to their work.
4) Capable of working on own initiative, and utilising time and resources effectively.
EDUCATION / TRAINING / QUALIFICATIONS
5) A level or higher standard of education.
6) Ideally a professionally qualified member of Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (Diploma or above) or similar.
7) Additional professional qualifications in an engineering discipline are very desirable.
8) Analytical and methodical
9) Communication and credibility
10) Attention to detail
11) IT proficient
12) Team Player