L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Harris Corporation is seeking a Reliability, Maintainability, Supportability (RMS) Engineer. Job responsibilities will involve complex electronics, mechanical, electro-mechanical and pneumatic subsystems.
- Calculate product reliability by carrying out analysis using 217Plus (MIL-HDBK-217F), NPRD and/or Bellcore/Telcordia to calculate failure rates, MTBF’s and other calculations related to reliability.
- Familiarity with DEF STAN 00-40, DEF STAN 00-42 and MIL-HDBK-338B to understand and interpret customer / internal RM&T specifications to extract technical requirements.
- Develop, coordinate and conduct technical RMS studies and evaluations of engineering designs relative to ; reliability predictions, Safety Management Plans, Fault Tree Analysis, FMECA’s, Hazardous Materials List, Hazard Analysis etc.
- Write safety cases using DEF STAN 00-56 etc, including supporting documentation.
- Analyze Failure Modes Effects and Criticality Analyses in accordance with MIL-STD-1629 tasks and/or SAE ARP4761.
- Reliability prediction experience using MIL-HDBK-217, Telcordia, NSWC, and/or PRISM.
- Parts selection and control, testability, and failure reporting and corrective action resolution in accordance with a military/aerospace requirements.
- Parts Stress Derating.
- Fault Tree Analysis.
- Testability and BIT coverage analyses.
- System Safety Hazard Analysis (military programs) MIL-STD 882
- Analysis of logistics elements such as Spares Provisioning, Level of Repair Analysis and/or Life-Cycle Cost analysis.
- Bachelor's Degree in ME, EE, SW, Math, Physics or related engineering field is required.
- 5+ years of experience working within the guidelines of RMS Government Specifications, Handbooks and applications.
Preferred Additional Qualifications:
- Experience with reliability analysis of aircraft and space equipment, military and commercial.
- Experience with reliability prediction software- e.g. RELEX, Weibull Block SIM,
- Goal Structure Notation (GSN) experience would be very advantageous Interest in forensic engineering, failure analysis, root cause and corrective action.
- Desirable to have a diversified background in the areas of Mechanical, Electrical, Electronic, Electro-Mechanical, and Safety Engineering fields.
- A background in complex Military or Aerospace systems is a benefit.
- Knowledge of software reliability and software reliability models is a plus.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both orally and written, and be able to develop and write technical analysis reports and plans.
- Superior analytical, problem-solving, oral/written communication and PC skills are all essential.
- Proficiency with MS Excel, and MS Office application software.