L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Software Tester
Main Purpose:Develop test frameworks and procedures at all stages of software development from requirements gathering to release of software.
The role is unique and challenging, creating a fantastic opportunity for a software tester to push themselves, advance their career and become a core member of a motivated team in a fun office environment. You will communicate and work closely with internal customers and the R&D Team to ensure high standards of the deliverables.
You’ll create test cases, execute manual and automated tests, document results and manage defects. You’ll be fully supported as you progress with your career with our career development programme
- Manage own workload of jobs as tasked by the Development Manager using task management tools
- Produce and maintain technical product documentation and user manuals
- Interface with FDS Analysts (and their airline customers) to build feature requirements
- Plan, produce and execute test cases and check the results to ensure the system’s technical and functional requirements are met
- Execute regression tests
- Identify, raise, report and tracking of software defects
- Reproduce customer problems
- Perform functional, integration, usability, regression, mobile, big data, cross browser, performance and security testing
- Ensure the products are tested to the business goals
- Working closely with the development team to ensure resolution of recorded defects
- Participate in Scrum and C.A.B meetings to flag when something is not of satisfactory quality
- Manage progress against goals and report/escalate accordingly
- Understand the underlying purpose of the feature along with the overall business strategy
- Create, improve and enforce quality procedures within the R&D team
- Work with software developers to improve and maintain Unit Test coverage
- Writing test frameworks to help R&D teams to quickly identify common mistakes
- Support resolving systems failures (may be outside of normal working hours)
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
Skills and Experience:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities with an attention to detail
- Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Up-to-date knowledge of the latest testing techniques
- Experienced in one or more of: functional, integration, usability, regression, mobile, big data, cross browser, performance and security testing
- Test automation and continuous integration tools, such as Selenium, Jenkins
- Ability to write automated test scripts (skill will be transferred to Python)
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English
- Accurate gathering of user requirements
- ISTQB Software Tester Certification (training offered)
- Programming experience, ideally Python (will be taught if required)
- An understanding of database structures, processing and task loading
- UI testing with tools such as Selenium or Robot framework
- Use of Git or similar version control systems
- Working within Docker / Kubernetes environments
- Experience with Jira or similar task management software
- Experience with Behaviour Driven Development.
- Assessment of user experience
Competitive salary based up experience, plus benefits package including company pension.
The work will be carried out at the Flight Data Services offices in Whiteley, Hampshire.
All FDS employees must be prepared to travel on business, including to our subsidiary companies, Flight Data Services Inc. of Phoenix Arizona and Asia Flight Data Services Pty. of Singapore.
37.5 hours per week. Core hours are Monday to Friday between 9.30am and 4pm with a one hour unpaid lunch break each day. The times of the remaining hours are flexible and may be arranged at your convenience provided that they meet the needs of the business.