Integration & Test Engineer Lead
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Responsible for Managing the integration and/or test of all components, sub systems and systems ensuring electrical and physical compatibility to meet program technical, schedule and cost objectives.
In support of system design activities, manage the test and/or integration of electro-mechanical systems from the system design phase through development, documentation, installation and commissioning of the completed system.
Management of Integration responsibilities will include design, develop and implement integration plans for procedures for hardware, software, and facilities. Ensure work is scheduled and resourced through internal and external test facilities and personnel to meet the competing priorities of concurrent programmes.
Testing responsibilities may include analyses requirements for testability issues. Develops and implements both hardware and software system level test programs, plans, specifications, procedures and customer acceptance. Plan and lead test working groups, test readiness reviews. Conducts testability and producibility analyses and reviews.
Develop; Test Facilities, Test Methods, data capture and analysis, relationships with external test houses, and Test and Integration Staff to meet current and future Test and Integration needs.
This job description does not form part of your contract of employment.
- Safety of people in the test facilities environment
- On time delivery of test programmes, test reports etc.
- Efficient utilisation of test resources and personnel
- Financial reporting against test and facilities budgets (including CAPEX)
- Departmental management of personnel and facilities
- Forecasting of requirements against programmes
- Development and documentation of Departmental processes and procedures
- EHS and Facilities team
- Programme managers, schedulers and PMO
- Systems and requirements management
- Design Office, Engineers and Analytical team
- Production Engineering Teams
- Financial team
- External test houses (mechanical, environmental and electrical including EMC)
- Equipment, instrumentation, data acquisition and data manipulation external specialists
- Certification/Auditing agencies
- External Customers for customer funded testing and/or customer design review reporting
With a passion for Engineering and Technology the candidate should be a credible team leader, committed to the development of their team and departmental performance to meet the needs of the business. They should be comfortable working in a matrix type organisation and be a team player as part of a wider leadership team with the Engineering organisation.
EXPERIENCE / ACHIEVEMENTS
- Management of Test and Integration development environment
- Managing test engineers and technicians
- Distillation of test requirements from test programmes and scheduling testing accordingly (design assurance and qualification)
- Scheduling test programmes in an environment of conflicting priorities
- Environmental testing: Temperature, Humidity, Vibration
- Diagnosis of faults/issues
- Developing people
- Automated test cell design/creation
- High pressure pneumatics (400 bar) derived from bottled inert gas, compressors and boost pumps
- Pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical actuators
- Electrical/electronic design
- Vibration Rigs (LDS V8900)
- Diadem - data analysis
- High speed cameras
- LabVIEW software and data acquisition (DAQ) equipment
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE
- Understanding of product lifecycle and where Test and Integration fits within that lifecycle
- Leading and developing a professional team of Engineers and Technicians
- Test system design and implementation (including test fixture design and electro-mechanical test)
- Sensors — accelerometers, load cells, pressure transducers, LVDT
- Feedback of test results into design process
- Standard laboratory test equipment (multimeters, verniers)
- Attention to detail essential with good keyboard skills.
- Ability to work to deadlines and prioritise workload appropriately.
- Methodical approach to their work.
EDUCATION / TRAINING / QUALIFICATIONS
- Mech Eng degree
- 10+ years' experience Product Dev Test
- Analytical and methodical
- Communication and credibility
- Attention to detail
- IT proficient
- Team Player