L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Assembly D
Job Location: UK - Hampshire - Farnborough
Job Code: CS20202809-41629
The Assembler is responsible for using a variety of hand tools to produce communications equipment Radios (LRU’s - Line Replaceable Unit). Knowledge of a variety of hand tools including but not limited to: torque wrenches, electric screw drivers and holding fixtures. Will utilize company systems to track changes, repairs and configuration of LRU products and use a data collection system to book on and to book on and off jobs. Will collaborate with cell team members to achieve daily going rate. Will identify shortages and tooling requirements as appropriate. Will observe correct handling and lifting for materials used in the assembly and repair of LRU’s.
- Working as part of the assembly team to product LRU’s to the daily going rate
- Working on repair and processing of LRU’s through troubleshoot ensuring correct use of in house systems
- Use electronic systems to track repairs and update correctly
- Maintain quality levels of work in progress and finished goods
- Check Assemblies meet quality standards and seek advice from supervisor or Manufacturing Engineer as necessary
- Promote and ensure good working practice of Health and Safety regulations
- Maintain build schedule white boards
- Work with other Cell members using lean manufacturing techniques and participate in lean production activities
- Maintain housekeeping in cell using 5S techniques
- Assist Supervisors, undertaking any reasonable task as directed
- High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 4 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree with 0 to 2 years of prior related experience or equivalent work experience.
- Reasonable grades in GCSE’s or equivalent (‘O’ Levels, NVQ Level 2)