Technical Support Engineer (Secret Clearance)
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Specialist, Technical Support Engineer (active Secret Clearance)
Job Code: SAS20201205-45495
Job Location: Dulles, VA
L3Harris is currently seeking a technical support engineer to join our team. This individual will perform systems administration tasks associated with Linux-based operating systems. The work will be performed in our Dulles, VA location.
- Experience with Red Hat Linux administration or engineering
- Provide network support capabilities; including troubleshooting, managing and configuring switches and firewall functions
- Security testing, scanning in support of framework processes. Also, remediate findings by patching, hardening or upgrading the systems as appropriate addressing items with security
- Build, configure, troubleshoot and integrate new and existing servers and technologies to provide service enhancements, application deployments, and infrastructure upgrades.
- Provide end-user client and application support
- Utilize the IT work order system to meet service level agreements
- Participate on teams for infrastructure expansion and upgrade projects
- Learn and advise on company, IT, and security policies. Configure, monitor, maintain, troubleshoot RHEL 6/7 systems
- Configure, monitor, maintain, troubleshoot Virtual Machines
- Perform Help Desk Operations supporting a myriad of customer systems and work closely with engineering teams to support product integration efforts for dynamic customer
- Build physical and/or virtual servers for testing and production environments
- Establish and maintain up-to-date cybersecurity configurations based on DISA STIGs and IAVM Notices
- Detect and address issues that impact system and develop/recommend courses of action (COAs) to mitigate its impact
- Support critical operations during standard and non-standard working hours
- Conduct technical/training documentation development and delivery effort
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Post-Secondary/Associates Degree with a minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience or equivalent; or Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 4 years of prior relevant work experience or equivalent; or Graduate Degree or equivalent with 0 to 2 years of prior related experience
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level 2 certification (e.g. CCNA-Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security + CE, or SSCP)
- Active Secret Security Clearance
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Troubleshoot Network Connectivity with VPC (Security Groups, Network ACL, VPC flow logs, etc.)
- Configure VPC - Subnets, Route-table, Security Groups, Network ACL
- Configure and Provision S3 Buckets
- Manage ansible environment in Development and production environment
- Experience implementing and configuring Palo Alto Firewall appliance
- Configure, deploy hosted apache web server in a production environment
- Manage, track and document defects in builds using JIRA
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.