Sr Specialist, Project Engineering
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Senior Specialist, Project Engineer
Job Location: Dulles, VA
Job Code: SAS20201002-40828
- Responsible for successfully leading a multiple project teams to meet to meet customer requirements within allocated cost and schedule commitments
- Responsible for guiding a multi-disciplined team of Hardware, Software and Test and Integration Engineers
- Develops, oversees and coordinates the cost/schedule/technical aspects of ongoing engineering projects within the program guidelines set by the Program Manager and customer from initiation through completion and/or customer acceptance
- Reviews status of engineering projects and budgets, manages schedules, and prepares status reports
- Assesses engineering issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and customer-satisfaction goals and objectives
- Identifies, tracks, mitigates, manages, and dispositions program-level risks
- Develops, monitors, and statuses detailed MS Project schedules
- Uses Earned Value Management System (EVMS) reports to manage project performance, including the generation of Work Breakdown Structures for new projects
- Estimate resource and material needs for the project/product
- Provides the coordination between resource managers/supervisors and ensures all necessary reviews and approvals are received
- Leverage technical background to identify and manage project Technical Risks.
- Regularly communicate with customers to ensure technical and schedule aspects of the Project are coordinated
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience
- Experience with best practices for project engineering, EVMS, and program execution
- Experience in managing multi-discipline programs across multiple locations
- Active SECRET Clearance
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience leading Government Contract development programs
- Experience with program pursuit and proposal activities
- Possession of a Secret or Top-Secret Security Clearance
- Ability to implement and adapt project execution plans that will achieve technical, cost, and schedule requirements
- Ability to present to internal and external customers at all levels
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.