Sr Spec, Industrial Security
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Senior Specialist, Industrial Security
Job Code: ISP4
Job Location: Dulles, VA
Senior professional with strong knowledge of job area and broad knowledge of project management. Manages complex projects or processes with general oversight. Communicates within and outside of own function to gain cooperation on operational processes, practices, and procedures. Makes moderate to substantial improvements to systems and processes. Contributes to achievement of departmental goals and operating plans with direct impact on the departmental results.
Commensurate with the position ofContractor Program Security Officer (CPSO) / Assistant Facility Security Officer (AFSO) incumbent is responsible for supporting all security related issues at the Tactical Missions Division (TMD) location in Dulles, VA. As the senior specialist on-site, the CPSO/AFSO’s responsibilities include support and execution of all facility security functions including SCIF operations, personnel security, program support, physical security, information security, document control, badging and access control. The CPSO/AFSO implements all requisite national security directives with specific emphasis on NISPOM, Intelligence Community Directives (ICDs), and JAFAN requirements, as applicable, and exhibits the dedication and expectation of excellence required of a seasoned security professional while working and making decisions independently without direct supervision. The CPSO/AFSO works as a team player, exhibits flexibility, sets priorities, and manages customer expectations in a sometimes fast-paced environment. The CPSO/AFSO interacts with internal and external customers or Government security officials in performance of security duties. The incumbent is responsible for supporting and enacting all L3Harris corporate policies including the protection of L3Harris’ intellectual property.
- Ensuring program compliance with all corporate and government requirements and directives.
- Providing guidance / assistance regarding protection of classified information.
- Investigating security violations and writing reports concerning such violations.
- Conducting self-inspections and participating in government industrial security assessments.
- Managing detailed reports and maintaining accurate and complete records.
- Effectively managing multiple metrics, projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Effectively taking action to solve problems while exhibiting sound judgment.
- Incumbent is responsible for supporting tactical operational control regarding management/operation of secure areas and Program Security Officer responsibilities.
- Administer, address and complete personnel security requirements with employees regarding issues, report preparation, program security access briefings, and clearance/access maintenance for briefed employees.
- Create, administer, and track requisite annual training, initial new hire security briefing, initial security clearance briefing, and security debriefing for all cleared employees.
- Ensure all required security support for sensitive compartmented information (SCI) level programs and manages operations of associated Sensitive Compartmented Information Facilities (SCIF’s) in accordance with governing directives and program specific guidance.
- Responsible for ensuring the formulation, establishment and execution of security policy, procedures and protocols pertinent to the facility consistent with National Industrial Security Program (NISPOM) and Intelligence Community. Directives (ICDs) requirements.
- Responsible for discretion in handling and the protection of a variety of personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act of 1974.
- Foster teamwork and collaborative efforts among Security group members to ensure timely completion of group project tasks and responsibilities.
- Education BS/BA (Bachelors) with 5 years’ experience; or equivalent
- Completion of an accredited/approved CSSO course. Completion of DCSA courses for an FSO for a holding facility. Other professional accreditations and certifications
- An active security clearance TS, with SCI eligibility.
- Five (5) years’ experience as a Cleared Defense Contractor (CDC) working in corporate and/or government environments with industrial security duties in support of Intelligence Community (IC) or Defense programs
- Thorough knowledge of and ability to ensure compliance with NISPOM, Intelligence Community Directives (ICDs), Director of Central Intelligence directives (DCIDs) and JAFANs
- Efficient, proactive, responsive team player with excellent written and oral communication skills; able to interface effectively with all levels of corporate management and government customers
- Must be proficient in computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Experience using security management software and applications (i.e. SIMS, JPAS, NISS, and DISS)
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.