Manager, Program Management
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Senior Program Manager
Job Code: SAS20201202-41099
Job Location: Dulles, VA
Job Description: L3Harris Technologies in Dulles, VA is looking for a Senior Program Manager who will be the primary customer point of contact and work closely with our customers on an almost daily basis directing teams of engineers and technicians on simultaneous hardware and software development projects. Our proximity to our customers and the dynamic nature of our programs requires frequent face-to-face communication and interaction with our customers to ensure program success.
- Provide program management and leadership for full life-cycle development of custom communication devices and systems, including definition of CONOPS, system requirements, design, development, integration, testing, and deployment.
- Serve as primary customer point of contact responsible for meeting contractual commitments including the cost, schedule, technical, and quality performance of assigned program(s) within contractual boundaries, company expectations, and established standards.
- Responsible for growing the program and its product(s) by ensuring ongoing customer satisfaction of current contractual requirements, working with the customer to identify future product and system enhancements and refinements, and identifying and pursuing additional markets and customers with solutions.
- Work across inter-company segments to identify opportunities to transition existing technology into new or enhanced product offerings.
- Establish strategy, vision and tactical direction for program execution by technical team and sub-contractors.
- Direct all phases of program from inception through completion.
- Review program status, risks, and budget; manage schedules and prepare status reports for customers and senior management.
- Work closely with systems, RF, digital, software and mechanical engineers and technicians.
- Lead the development of the program’s integrated master schedule and establishment of key program milestones.
- Track program performance to integrated master schedule, identify/mitigate risks, manage change, resolve problems and obtain solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications.
- Direct the work of personnel assigned to the program from technical, manufacturing and administrative areas.
- Coordinate the preparation of proposals, proposal work statements, specifications, and program budgets.
- B.S. in Engineering, Computer Science or other technical discipline and 9 years expeirence in DoD, defense, or similiar industry.
- Experience in a government contracting environment.
- Experience leading a technical team in the design, development, test and production of wireless communications systems including both device development and back-end systems, especially for satellite-based communications.
- Experience with managing projects with unspecified or negotiable requirements on both cost plus and fixed price contract types
- Active Secret Security Clearance.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- M.S. is preferred.
- PMP Certification or equivalent.
- Clearable to Top Secret level.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.