Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Lead, Sys Administration
Dulles, VirginiaJob ID SAS20222211-93793
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Lead, Systems Administration
Job Code: SAS20222211-93793
Job Location: Dulles, VA
L3Harris corporation is seeking a dynamic System Administrator to perform critical system design and implementation in unique and challenging programs. The selected candidate will be part of an exclusive national security program and work on the design, development, deployment, and O&M for critical wireless, infrastructure and/or communication programs. Bring your talents to the front line at the cutting edge of Defense and Technology at L3Harris. The candidate will provide mentoring and training to other systems administrators and will have the opportunity to help define and implement innovation solutions into the existing systems as well as development and deployment of environments into newer technologies. Leads detailed technical discussions, guiding the evaluation and selection of solutions, and organizing cross organizational team for project work.
L3Harris is seeking an engineering-facing Systems Administrator with 9+ years of experience with network systems architectures and requisite operating systems background. Duties include supporting Operations & Maintenance, documentation, report requirements, integration, troubleshooting and/or testing analysis of network architecture/operating systems and applications.
• Act as the cyber technical lead for system administration and network engineering on behalf of the program; leadership experience with Integrated Product Team (IPT) or similar scope
• Manage daily cyber task assignments, execution, and reporting to program leadership
• Ability to provide guidance in troubleshoot, analyze and maintain networks
• Ability to provide guidance in performing root cause analysis, problem determination and support of technical issues related to routing and switching technologies, e.g. VPN, basic router configurations, firewalls, etc.
• Configure, monitor, maintain, troubleshoot RHEL 6/7/8 systems
• Configuring and designing RAID configurations on systems to preserve critical information
• Demonstrated experience in deploying virtualized environments and deploying ground-up builds (GUBs)
• Ensures proper equipment operation and performs proactive sustainment activities across multiple programs by tasking available resources.
• Assist in determining the nature of equipment failures; provide SME-level engineering knowledge and support
• Works with program management team to ensure technology changes support technology roadmaps.
• Contribute to System architecture/definition, use cases, system performance analysis. Implement/maintain strong system architectures to include physical and virtual environments. Work with project lead engineers to ensure project schedules are being met and identify any constraints/concerns.
• Perform hardware scans, analysis and document findings. Establish and maintain up-to-date cybersecurity configurations based on DISA STIGs and IAVM Notices
• Self-motivation, able to work well independently and within inter-disciplinary engineering teams. Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to support critical operations during standard and non-standard working hours
• Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience; or Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior relevant experience
• Security+ CE certification is required before on-boarding
• Network+ certification or equivalent
• Secret clearance (or greater) required to start
• This work is primarily on-site in Dulles, VA and does not support remote work
Preferred Additional Skills:
• DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level 2 certification (e.g. CCNA-Security, CySA+, GISCP, GSEC, Security+ CE, or SSCP, Linux+).
• DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level 3 certification (e.g. CISM, CISSP, etc.)
• Working knowledge of Atlassian products such as JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket
• Working knowledge of certificate-based security (TLS, SSL, OCSP)
• Working knowledge of networking elements, including TCP/IP protocols & ports, DNS, NAT, subnet masks, etc.
• Strong background in configuration management, change control process, change control board (CCB) and working on Technical Review Board (TRB) to assess requirements and maintaining program documentation
• Experience in configuring firewalls and switches
• Experience with Ansible and Cobbler Kickstart configurations
• Working knowledge of object-oriented databases; MySQL experience preferred
• Experience implementing patching, scanning, remediating findings, auditing (IAVA Compliance)
• Ability to integrate RMF principles into ground-up builds
• Previous experience supporting DoD & IC Government customers
• Hardware/software requirement verification/system validation experience.
• Demonstrated ability to work and grow in a dynamic, fast paced, team-oriented environment
• Ability to travel CONUS up to 10%
• Demonstrated self-starter - efficient in achieving goals and proactive in pursuing subsequent task
• Demonstrated scripting experience (Bash/Shell, Python, Perl) to provide System Administration efficiencies
• Experience in highly technical programs, both commercial and governmental
• Ability to thrive and communicate in a matrix organization
• Clear and concise briefing ability of technical projects to non-technical audiences and customers
• Experience in non-traditional classified environments
• Top Secret and TS/SCI candidates are extremely competitive
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.