Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Specialist, Project Engineering NPI (12 Month Contract)
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. and Canada employees, effective October 24, 2022.
Specialist, Project Engineering, NPI, (12 MONTH CONTRACT)
L3HARRIS WESCAM Division
Location: Toronto/Don Mills
About L3HARRIS WESCAM
As a subsidiary of L3Harris Technologies and within the Integrated Mission Systems Segment, the WESCAM division develops the most advanced optical sensor and targeting systems for global defense and military sectors, National Security, Search & Rescue and Airborne law enforcement agencies. From long-range covert surveillance missions to search and rescue operations, our MX-series systems, and the mission systems solutions they are a part of, produce stabilized high-magnification electro-optical and infrared images from airborne, marine and ground based platforms, enabling our customers to see first and act first.
About the Role
The NPI Operations Lead position will be responsible for supporting New Product Introduction, ensuring that each assigned program meets overall project schedules through project management of schedule and technical issues. The position will also manage non-NPI related projects in a similar fashion as required.
- THIS IS A 12 MONTH CONTRACT OPPORTUNITY
- Maintain Operations project status/schedule to overall project plan
- Manage team members, consisting of planning, production & procurement, by providing them with leadership and guidance in their day-to-day operations
- Presentations and reporting of projects
- Coordination of Manufacturing Engineering requirements, and schedules
- Operations program reviews
- Program material availability
- Understanding cause and effect of changes affecting program schedule, quality and cost.
- Drive and maintain quality/cost/schedule
- Compliance with companies Quality Management System
- Manage and understand contractual flow down requirements (internal and external)
- Leads teams to drive closure of schedule and/or technical issues
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office & Project
- Excellent technical communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organizational and planning/project management skills
- Knowledge of MRP system
- Knowledge of a Manufacturing floor; Ability to lead the closure of technical issues
- Dynamic, resourceful and are known for sense of initiative (sense of urgency, innovative, problem solver)
- Ability to challenge the status Quo and provide recommendations with supporting data
- Excellent functional skills of Project Management tools
- Excellent team skills
- Proven track record implementing process improvements
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing an asset
- Must have a well rounded project management background with experience in a high tech environment
- University degree in Engineering or college diploma in Engineering Technology with PMP certification
- Minimum of three to five years experience in a project management capacity
About L3Harris Technologies
In July 2019 – L3 Technologies and Harris Corp merged to become L3Harris Technologies, becoming an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains.
Our customers perform on the world’s most challenging front lines. They trust us to keep them prepared for what’s next. We combine speed, innovation and flawless execution to give people confidence and security in the world ahead.
As we relentlessly pursue new ideas, we know that everything we bring to market must deliver, without fail, every time. The urgency of our quest is matched by our commitment to the people we serve. In a world of ever accelerating change, threat environments move fast. We move forward faster, delivering industry-leading value.
Organized into four segments – Integrated Mission Systems, Communications Systems, Space & Airborne Systems and Aviation Systems – L3Harris Technologies employs over 50,000 people worldwide in over 130 countries with annual revenues approximately $17 billion.
To learn more, visit https://www.l3harris.com/capabilities