Manufacturing Engineering Supervisor - Verification & Tooling
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
About L3Harris Technologies
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customer's mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
- Lead and direct small group of Manufacturing Engineers assigned to support Manufacturing test and validation
- Assess and provide input on the manufacturability and testability of products and assemblies
- Coordinate root cause investigations and corrective action implementation
- Initiate or support continuous improvement projects
- Develop and maintain project schedules and timelines to ensure new processes and procedures are implemented
- Responsible for the yearly review and updating of applicable Manufacturing Engineering CSIs
- Coordinate the development and maintenance of ITPs and ATPs and maintain the Retest Instruction process
- Select and justify capital equipment purchases associated with product assembly and testing
- Responsible for compliance and skills training, performance management process
- Accountable for adherence to Quality standards and practices (AS9100)
- University degree in Engineering or diploma in Engineering Technology
- Must have a well-rounded electrical and mechanical background with manufacturing engineering experience in a high tech environment
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an Engineering /Manufacturing Engineering capacity
- Minimum 2 years in a leadership/supervisory capacity
Preferred Additional Skills
- Ability to inspire a team in a growing and changing environment
- Must have Manufacturing Engineering experience in a high tech assembly environment
- Excellent knowledge of Mechanical, Electro-Mechanical Manufacturing and Process Engineering
- Thorough understanding of mechanical assembly procedures, testing and validation
- Excellent technical communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with related key managers and support staff
- Ability to assign priorities to tasks/ assignments so they are completed within the designated timeframe
- Must be well organized, goal oriented and able to give attention to detail
- Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience in a large company environment
- AS9100 knowledge and experience an asset, but not required
A subsidiary of L3Harris Technologies – WESCAM develops the most advanced optical systems for global defense and military sectors, Homeland Security, Search and Rescue and Airborne law enforcement agencies worldwide. From long- range covert surveillance and targeting missions to search and rescue operations, our MX-series systems, and the mission systems solutions they are a part of, allow our customers to see first and act first.
Engineered with advanced EO/IR technology and over 40 years of superior gyro-stabilization experience, WESCAM’s MX™-Series has been proven in-theater, and controlled the battle space from every altitude. With thousands of systems fielded worldwide, L3 Harris WESCAM’s systems can be found on over 200 different types of platforms, including fixed-wing, rotary-wing, UAV and aerostat airborne platforms, numerous surface vehicles and marine-based platforms.
L3Harris WESCAM is proud to have been named a 2020 Top Employer in Hamilton-Niagara as well as one of Canada’s best Employers for Recent Graduates. Find out more at: https://reviews.canadastop100.com/top-employer-l3-wescam
Our work environment is both challenging and dynamic – our physical environment is state of the art. Here’s what you can expect as an L3Harris WESCAM employee
- Every other Friday off (paid – with our rare 9/80 work schedule)
- Free wellness programs
- Free fruit, bagels and coffee
- Subsidized cafeterias
- Sports and extra-curricular teams and activities
- Work/Life balance that is supported
- Real opportunities for growth and development
- A diverse and inclusive working culture
- Everyone’s role at L3HARRIS WESCAM contributes to saving people’s lives
We believe that diversity among our employees makes us a stronger organization.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion within our L3Harris WESCAM family, and our community by welcoming and encouraging applications from anyone interested without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran's status, Aboriginal status or any other legally-protected groups. For people with disabilities, we work with you throughout the recruitment process to ensure you have what you need in order to be at your best. If you require any accommodation for any part of the recruitment/interview process, or as you begin you career with us just let us know and we will take care of you.
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.