Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Sr Specialist, Software Engineer - Embedded Software (Secret)
Dayton, OhioJob ID SAS20220512-94281
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr Specialist, Software Engineer - Embedded Software (Secret)
Job Code: SAS20220512-94281
Job Location: Dayton, OH
L3Harris has an immediate opening for a Sr Embedded Software Engineer. This position develops software for the operation and maintenance of RF Simulators. The engineer is responsible for development and execution of software on the target hardware and writing software per requirements documents and software design. The engineer will interface with other engineers during the process of program execution at the Dayton, Ohio facility.
- Development of software design and architecture for new products.
- Interpret specifications to implement requirements for software design.
- Compose software use case and review test procedures for validation and verification of software development.
- Capture and document existing software product to meet qualification standards at highly regulated and safety critical government contracts.
- Work simultaneously on a variety of projects.
- Review project progress and assist in earned value reporting. Recommend corrections in technical approach to maximize efficiency of engineering resources.
- Support new programs from conceptual design, through detail design to completion.
- Provide skilled guidance with a variety of software engineering concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Communicates within and outside of own function or business area and has responsibility for communicating with parties external to the organization (e.g., customers, vendors, etc.).
- Coordinate directions from Technical Lead.
- Works to achieve operational targets with direct impact on the departmental results. Contributes to the development of goals for the department and planning efforts (budgets, operational plans, etc.).
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
- 6 years of experience in modern C++, and Python programming.
- Experience with MS Office applications including MS Word and MS Excel.
- Experience with specialized software test programs and COTS test equipment.
- Active Secret and eligible to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience in development and releasing software products meeting Agile methodology.
- Experience with embedded C.
- Experience in C# is a plus.
- Experience with version control tools such as Git and DevOps suites such as Gitlab, GitHub, and Atlassian.
- Low level hardware interfacing or embedded system development experience.
- RTOS experience.
- Experience in EW Radar systems or Physics simulations.
- Linux development environment experience.
- UX design/front end design experience a bonus.
- Microservice Architecture (REST, gRPC).
- Unit testing and test-driven development experience.
- Support experience with Windows 10 – 32 bit and 64 bit.
- Active Top Secret or TS/SCI security clearance.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.