Specialist, Network Engineer
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Specialist, Network Engineer
Job Code: AS20202503-43589
Job Location: Wright-Patterson AFB, OH
We currently have an opening for a Network Engineer to work at our customer site on Wright-Patterson AFB, OH. We are seeking a dedicated, talented and experienced Network Engineer to work as part of a leading-edge research and engineering, design and development team. We seek mission and team-oriented individuals who enjoy working as an individual contributor in highly collaborative teams.
The Network Engineer will contribute to the Warfighter Program supporting AFRL/RHA. The Warfighter program provides the U.S. Air Force with a wide range of research into advanced technologies to improve training effectiveness among a multitude of operationally-relevant platforms and roles.
The Network Engineer will work as part of a team to ensure maximum performance of a high traffic network infrastructure while maintaining system integrity and stability. This is a highly dynamic lab environment, so on a daily basis, your responsibilities will change. Your responsibilities include adding, removing and modifying physical network interconnects, UTP, and OM3 fiber; changing Cisco network configuration such as switch port vlan tagging, trunking, and routing; creating or modifying virtual machines, VMWare VSphere/EXSi and or Microsft Hyper-V; creating or modifying NetApp configuration and creating shares (NFS, SMB, or iSCCI), reviewing syslog files for issues, reviewing NetBackup log, and documenting modifications and maintain configuration management.
The successful candidate will work in a dynamic environment with government customers, software engineers, subject matter experts, and military personnel.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline, and 4 plus years of prior relevant experience; or Master's with 2 plus years of prior relevant experience. Experience in lieu of degree will be considered.
- Must possess minimum of 3-5 years of direct experience with IP networks with a focus on Network Maintenance and Administration.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Must hold an Active/Current DoD Secret Security Clearance
- General understanding of Cisco routing and switching, to include understanding the concept of VLAN/802.1q
- Demonstrated ability to program Routers, Switches, encryption devices, VOIP devices and other network hardware.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Windows 7, 10, Server 2012R2-2016 administration, and experience/exposure to the following is required:Demonstrated working knowledge of network storage appliances, such as NetAPP and/or FreeNAS.
- Configuration of DNS and DHCP servers.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory.
- Defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- Designing, recommending and implementing new solutions to improve the resilience of network operations.
- Monitoring network performance and troubleshooting problems and outages.
- Securing network systems with policies that define and monitor access.
- Strong communications skills and ability to interact with customers.
- Passion for learning.
- Desire to work with others in a research environment.
- CCNA Certification
- Designing, developing, implementing, and maintaining network infrastructure.
- Determine network bandwidth needs and recommend measures to meet those requirements.
- CompTIA Security+ CE Certification.
- Direct system installation experience.
- Maintain firewall and manage security.
- Assisting in minor network changes.