Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
GEOINT Image Scientist
Dayton, OhioJob ID SAS20212607-66132
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: GEOINT Image Scientist/Engineer
Job Code: SAS20212607-66132
Job Location: Dayton, OH
Job Description: Seeking highly qualified and motivated scientists and engineers to support both GEOINT production and the continued advancement of non-literal GEOINT analytical processes and techniques. The individuals will support advanced remote sensing exploitation functions through detailed technical data analysis and through the development and improvement of techniques and procedures for the Processing, Exploitation, and Dissemination (PED) of remotely sensed data, including the evaluation of data from new sensors. Individuals in these positions will work collaboratively with other scientists, engineers, and analysts on complex exploitation issues.
- Utilize advanced GEOINT tools to analyze and exploit remotely sensed data to produce and disseminate GEOINT intelligence products
- Perform non-literal exploitation of Active sensor data - i.e. Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) and/or Passive Sensor Data (Multispectral, Hyperspectral or Thermal Infrared Sensor Data).
- Combine exploitation results with contextual findings discovered through research and other electo-optical (E/O) literal data analysis to bring meaningful interpretation non-literal results.
- Perform quality assurance and control review for own and team-members’ products prior to dissemination.
- Analyze and develop processes to support the exploitation of unique, anomalous, and difficult datasets utilizing engineering principles and a physics-based analytical approach
- Perform algorithm development (scripting/automation) for complex data exploitation processes, as needed.
- Complete all mandatory security requirement/network, and sensor discipline training, as required.
Qualifications: (refer to http://my.harris.com/careerframework)
- Active Top Secret Clearance with SCI eligibility
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Strong technical writing and briefing skills (experienced with MSOffice – Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Bachelor’s Degree in STEM field (Engineering, Physics, Remote Sensing, Mathematics, Geology, or a related scientific field)
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience with ENVI, SOCET GXP, RemoteView, ArcGIS, and/or similar software tools Ability to code/script, such as in Python, MATLAB, R, and/or IDL.
- Experience in processing and analyzing remote sensing data from passive sensors, especially spectral and/or thermal data
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.