VMware Engineer (TS/SCI)
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: VMware Engineer (TS/SCI)
Job ID: SAS20200904-44171
Job Location: Dahlgren, VA
L3Harris is looking for VMware Engineer to be responsible for VMware implementation, ability to write scripts to support operations and test, ability to support overall system maintenance and perform troubleshooting (root cause analysis).
- VMware Engineer with knowledge in scripting languages to support automation of operational tasks and testing.
- Advanced proficiency with VMware products and platforms including:
- vSphere, vSAN, NSX, vROPs and other
- Configure, monitor, maintain, troubleshoot MS Windows and Red Hat Linux systems.
- Working knowledge of firewalls, servers, networks and operating systems.
- Performs daily review of audit, security, and application logs and identifies problem areas or trends and takes the proper action and generates required reports.
- Support critical operations during standard and non-standard working hours.
- 4+ years relevant experience with Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, IT, Engineering or related field OR 2 years relevant experience with a Graduate degree
- 4+ years working experience with VMware products and platforms.
- Active TS/SCI security clearance.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience using industry standard tools and agile development processes.
- Experience with Account management, PKI cert management, LDAP configuration/management.
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level 2 certification (e.g. CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+CE, SSCP, or CCNA Security).
- Ability to travel up to 10%.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.