Systems Administrator (Secret Clearance)
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Systems Administrator (Secret Clearance)
Job Code: SAS20202707-48377
Job Location: Dahlgren, VA
Looking for a self-motivated, high energy, Systems Administrator to contribute to an SEIT team effort. The successful candidate will serve as a Systems Administrator for development and accreditation effort. Activities will include, but not be limited to: Linux deployments using Ansible, Docker, commercial monitoring tools and configuration management tools. The individual will support various GOTS and COTS software applications in a secure environment and assist in the generation of status reports, CONOPS, security and procedural documentation. Professional customer interaction skills are essential.
- Performs performance analysis on Operating Systems including RHEL
- Recommends and implements engineering design changes required to adapt technical requirements
- Performs daily review of relevant system logs and identifies problem areas or trends and takes the proper action and generates required reports
- Support reviews, development, creation, and redline of plant-in-place documentation of tables, specifications, characteristics, schedules, diagrams, rack elevations, and other technical data element
- Support critical operations during standard and non-standard working hours
- Generates, collects, redlines, incorporates, and produces system documentation as required
- Provide support for CCBs/ERBs
- Work on-site at Dahlgren, VA facility
- 2 year post-Secondary/ Associates Degree or minimum of 6 years prior related experience; or Bachelor’s Degree or minimum of 4 years prior related experience; or Graduate Degree or equivalent with a minimum of 2 years’ prior related experience
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level 2 certification (e.g. CCNA-Security, CySA+, GISCP, GSEC, Security + CE, or SSCP)
- Active Secret security clearance required
- Experience in the management of directory services (AD, LDAP), interfaces and middleware
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in a Linux/Unix environment
- Minimum 2 years of experience with Application Administration
- Experience with relational databases such as Postgres, Oracle, or SQL Server
- System administration experience in support of system security requirements
- Previous experience supporting DoD/government customers
- Experience with continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD), DevSecOps, build management, and/or automated test frameworks
- Experience with MuleSoft API; Experience in Agile software development lifecycle
- Experience with application server WildFly, formerly known as Jboss
- Hardware/software requirement verification/system validation experience
- Demonstrated ability to work and grow in a dynamic, fast paced, team-oriented environment
- Demonstrated self-starter - efficient in achieving goals and proactive in pursuing subsequent tasks
- TS/SCI Security Clearance is strongly desired
- DOD 8570.01M IAT 3 certification
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.