Sr AIX Software Engineer (TS/SCI)
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Sr. Specialist, AIX Engineer
Job Code: SAS20201407-47823
Job Location: Dahlgren, VA
L3Harris TechnologiesSpace and Airborne Systems has an opening for a Sr AIX Software Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position is located in Dahlgren, VA. The engineer will work in a fast-paced environment. Initial task is refactoring a monolithic applications to working a microservices architecture within a Kubernetes framework. Future tasks will support significantly diverse assignments, and a collaborative team setting.
- Develop, update, maintain AIX Datacenter System.
- Decompose monolithic applications into microservices within a Kubernetes framework.
- Update, maintain Continuous Build and Integration/Test suite.
- Create software builds and dependency management using Gradle.
- Inform senior technical management of hardware status by preparing reports on systems performance problems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or IT and 6 years of prior relevant experience; or a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or IT and 4 years of prior related experience; or 10 years of prior related experience without a degree.
- Datacenter experience, configuring and troubleshooting IBM/AIX Mainframe and servers.
- Experience with Cybersecurity to meet Risk Management Framework requirements
- Experience managing and monitoring virtualization environment, including performance metrics and analysis.
- Active TS/SCI security clearance.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Cisco networking, XIV Storage, or RHEL servers on Power experience.
- Experience Java, C/C++ and/or FORTRAN programming languages.
- Experience programing Microservice methodology.
- Experience programming Kubernetes cloud service software.
- DOD 8570 IAT Level II, IAM Level II, or IASAE Level II or higher certification required (includes Security+ CE, GSEC, SSCP, CISA, GCIH, GCED, CISSP, CASP, CAP, GSLC, CISM, or CSSLP) at time of hire or within 60 days.
- Experience with C2 center/service system or C2 application system and SSA operations.
- Experience with requirements analysis and systems/software design within projects.
- Experience writing specifications, design, ConOps, and Interface Control Documents.
- Experience with Software Configuration Management tools (Git/SVN/Bitbucket).
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.