Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Technical Training Specialist
Crawley, United KingdomJob ID IMS20232209-106430
What makes a successful team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
A dynamic market environment combined with pioneering technology and a collaborative team, makes every day interesting and engaging.Thomas, Program Finance Manager, Crawley, UK
L3Harris Work Perks
- Private medical insurance and group life assurance
- Benefit allowance to help you pay for insurance
- Options for dental and critical illness coverage as well as a health cash plan and gym membership
- Employee and Family discount programme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Optional partner life assurance
- Generous annual holiday allowance
- Retirement savings plan with employer contribution
- Employee assistance programme to provide advice and guidance on finance, mental health, and more
- Casual “dress for your day” policy
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 50,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Technical Instructor
Job Code: IMS20232209-106430
Job Location: UK – Crawley- West Sussex
Applications will only be accepted from individuals who are eligible to live and work within the UK
About L3Harris and this opportunity
From 12 UK sites, our team of over 1,400 people deliver unique capabilities across air, land, sea, space and cyber for military, security and commercial customers, worldwide.
L3Harris in Crawley specialise in technology and systems to enable quality pilot training from distance learning systems applications and maintenance solutions to training devices and full flight simulators, our technology covers the complete training spectrum.
The Technical Instructor is responsible for designing and delivering Maintenance Training to customers from a wide variety of cultures and ethnic backgrounds that will allow them to understand and maintain our delivered simulator devices. This training may be delivered in-house or at the Customer facility and at a time that allows sufficient access to the simulation devices. They are to use the latest baseline material and ensure that it matches the customer options and deviations before submitting the customer specific material for validation in advance of the delivery.
- Employer pension contribution up to 7%
- 25 days annual leave (excl. Bank holidays) increasing with length of service and with the opportunity to buy/sell up to 5 days
- Private Health Care
- Life Assurance x4 annual base salaries (flexible up to x10)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Group Income Protection,
- Discounts with cinemas, travel, major retailers, family days out and much more
- Referral Bonus scheme
- Staff car park (incl. electric vehicle charging stations)
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Subsidised staff restaurant
About the role:
The Technical Instructor is expected to work efficiently and with the minimal amount of supervision, to produce the necessary output within the allocated budget and timescales. If the Instructor comes across any unforeseen technical problem, then they are to ensure that these are highlighted and resolved in line with local department and company procedures. They are to be proactive in highlighting issues with resources, risks to schedules or costs would be raised with the supervisor or Department Manager well in advance of the issue becoming a criticality.
When not designing and delivering courseware, the Principle Technical Instructor is to assist with the creation, publication and validation of the technical content of the Electronic Documentation Facility (EDF). If there is the opportunity, the creation of the Course and EDF content should be completed in parallel sharing as many of the drawings/ pictures as possible.
This roll would require willingness to work shift / unsociable hours both in the UK and overseas.
What this role will involve:
- Analysis of aircraft and equipment manufacturer’s data.
- Designing the best courseware to meet a customer’s requirement.
- Delivering high-quality courseware in a professional manner.
- Maintaining lesson plans/ diaries/ schedules and reporting progress.
- Interfacing with customers whilst being conscious of their cultural and ethnic diversity.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications:
- A qualified civilian or military instructor with at least 2 years’ experience in delivering technical instruction.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- A suitable degree or equivalent work experience (with maths, science or engineering content) or a minimum 4 years appropriate experience in industry.
- Typically at least 2 years technical experience in the skill, discipline and/or domain associated with the functional area
- Be aware of the different phases of an Instructor’s task from syllabus to final delivery
- Understand the maintenance of delivered customer documentation and the use of Customer Excellence portal.
- Will be capable of assisting in the creation and publishing of the Technical Documentation
Key Competencies Required
- Be a presentational expert in delivering innovative, customer focused training.
- Be a valued member of the instructional team, sharing technical expertise within the group.
- Cooperate in the defining of the departmental and company processes
- Have the initiative to work autonomously and plan and direct their work to meet the output.
- Technical authority for a particular system or subject matter
- Acting as an expert within the group for a product, system or functional area
Important to know
Due to the nature of our work many our roles require a UK nationality and the ability to obtain a security clearance. Applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment must meet the requirement of right to work in the UK and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and will be subject to government security checks.
As an equal opportunities employer, L3Harris is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join L3Harris.
Thank you for your patience as we transition to a new applicant tracking system. Please be aware that you may have applications in more than one system at this time and, as a result, you may receive communications regarding your applications from multiple systems.